SEVENTEEN

It was lunch, and Luke was "happily" eating his food, alone at the back of the cafeteria.

He was by himself most of the time now, so it wasn't really a bother. Although, it did get pretty annoying when you had a funny joke and there was no one to tell it to.

He poked at his food with his fork, resting his head on his hand, when he began to make out some footsteps coming towards him.

He slowly turned his head, and caught a glimpse of Calum and Michael, and he couldn't help but let out a silent groan along with a roll of eyes.

"Now they join." he mumbled to himself, trying to ignore Calum and Michael sitting on the spare chairs scattered around his table.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked, and Luke just shrugged as a response.

"Oh, come on. Lighten up!" Michael cheered, his voice way too happy for Luke's liking.

The blonde sent his gaze towards Michael, and let it linger, watching how Michael was obviously intimidated by the stare.

"Right, uh." Michael begins, slowly getting up from his chair, and grabbing his bag.

"I'm gonna -- go now."

Calum looked up at the boy, and nodded at his decision. Luke wasn't going to talk anyway, if Michael was there.

The raven haired watched Michael going away, and caught the sly wink that he had sent him, before returning a thumbs up.

He then focused on Luke once more, noticing Luke was obviously trying to pretend he wasn't there.

"Does -- Does it have to do with Ashton?" Calum asked, biting his lip.

The blonde glared at Calum, and scoffed. "Why do you care? You're too busy making out with Michael."

The kiwi boy flinched at the aggressive tone in the blonde's voice, and immediately began to worry.

Luke was never agressive, not even to someone he disliked.

He's got it bad.

Calum let out a small cough, to try and erase the negative tension between the two.

"Luke -- I think you're -- over reacting." he said, making sure his voice was calm.

But it didn't work, as the blonde shot up from his chair, slamming his fists on the table.

"Over reacting?!" he yelled, but Calum quickly pulled his back down, not wanting there to be a scene.

"Luke, just listen to me."

The blonde looked up at Calum, his eyes visibly lighter than before, not dark and heavy.

"Ashton doesn't hate you in the slightest." Calum said, getting straight to the point.

"If you just go and confront him, you'll see that I'm not lying."

Luke bit his lip, as his eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"How do you even know for sure?"

The raven haired sent a smile, and rubbed Luke's arm soothingly.

"Trust me, I'm extremely sure."

And with that, Calum stood up from his seat, and patted Luke's back, grabbing his bag, and heading out.

Leaving Luke with his thoughts spiraling in his brain. And maybe, just maybe, Calum was right.

Calum was always right.

:::

so apparently this was only 400 and something words, whoops × 5011

bUt yOu gUys bEst bE exCitEd fOr thE nExt TwO chAptErs bC oHmYgOd

- RiA