THIRTEEN

Ashton has been really distant lately.

Whenever Luke goes up to talk to him, Ashton only says a small "hi" and then quickly leaves.

Whenever they hang out, Ashton is always texting someone and hardly pays any attention to Luke. They don't even text or call each other as much as they used to.

And even though there's probably a good reason Ashton's acting this way all of a sudden, Luke can't help but feel forgotten or left behind.

Maybe he got his hopes up to high for Ashton. And that's all the blonde has been thinking about lately.

Ashton.

But not just Ashton, but everything that has happened after he met Ashton. The hang outs, the confidence, the texting, and of course.

The feelings that are slowly growing for Ashton.

But now, they're pointless because it's obvious Ashton is forcing himself to hang out with Luke.

He probably met someone else. Someone better than Luke. Someone who can actually communicate with him.

Luke just needed to tell someone how he was feeling. All these emotions were bottled up inside of him, and he couldn't keep them in anymore.

But then it hit him.

Calum.

He hasn't been talking to Calum as much as before, but Calum was his go to person to talk about his feelings to.

Before the blonde could back down, he rushed towards his phone, and rapidly searched for Calum in his contacts.

He held the phone up to his ear, the phone ringing for a while, and Luke was scared Calum wasn't going to pick. But then, suddenly, a voice spoke up from the other line.

"Uh, hey -- Luke."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

His friend sounded different. Something was off about Calum, but Luke wasn't sure what it was. All he knew was that Calum sounded a little distant.

"Hi." Luke replied a little sadly.

"Aw, what's wrong?"

That sounded extremely fake.

It was almost like Calum wasn't even bothered to talk to Luke. Like he was doing something more important.

"I -- I just think Ashton's avoiding me." Luke said, biting on his lip lightly.

Luke could hear a little bit of ruffling in the background of the call, and he could have sworn he heard whispering.

"I - uh - I'm sure there's a -- a logical explanation." Calum rushed out, and Luke let out a quiet sigh.

"I know, but -- "

"Mikey!"

Luke stayed silent. Did Calum just confuse him for Michael? Was Michael there too? Where even was Calum?

"Cal, where are you?" Luke asked, voice a little harsher than usual.

Calum began to stutter. And Calum always stutters when he lies.

"I'm, uh, on a date. With Mikey. That's why, I, uh, said his name. Yeah."

Luke's eyes widened. "Oh."

Calum began awkwardly giggiling from the other side of the line. Luke wasn't sure if Calum was lying or not, but by what he told Luke, he highly doubted it.

And that's when something started boiling up in Luke's system, and the blonde was pretty sure it was envy.

It seemed like everyone around him was happy, and going out with who they liked, while Luke was by himself.

Hell, even Calum and Michael went out before Luke, and those two still haven't even admitted to liking each other.

"So, yeah. I'm kinda busy right now, so." the kiwi spoke, and Luke nodded with a small "yeah."

"I'll --" Luke started, but Calum had already hung up, leaving Luke hanging.

"Talk to you later." he mumbled to himself, and threw the phone on the floor, weakly, as to not break it.

He hung his head low, his frown not able to leave him. He glanced up slightly to check the time.

8:00 pm

Luke let out a loud sigh, and threw himself backwards onto the bed beneath him.

He closed his eyes, and slowly drifted into a heavy sleep. His frown staying with him for the whole night.

And he didn't have any dreams that night. Just darkness accompanying him, and the upsetting thought of him being slowly forgotten by everyone.

:::

((this chapter was unedited to sorry in advance))

this is kinda really sad uh

next chapters will explain crap n shit sooo yeah

aLSO THANK YOU FOR 1K READS LIKE WHAT OK

- ria ( A++ authors note )