EIGHTEEN

The blonde awoke with a flinch in the middle of the night, by the irritating sound of his ringing phone.

A loud yawn escaped him, as he reached his hand out, trying to claw for his phone clumsily, but instead, he knocked down a bunch of objects in the process.

When he finally grabbed it, he lazily swiped the screen to pick up, and lifted his phone to his ear, still half sleeping.

"Get dressed and come downstairs."

Luke's blue eyes widened at the sound of Calum's eager voice, sounding way too awake for Luke's liking.

"What? Calum? It's 1am." Luke spewed out, voice showing obvious confusion.

"Please, please, please." Calum begged from the other side of the phone, and Luke swore he could hear the pout Calum had plastered on his face.

The blonde really wasn't in the mood to retaliate, and Calum always won anyways.

"Ugh. Fine." he groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Yay!" Calum cheered, and Luke still didn't understand why his friend was so enthusiastic.

"Now hurry!"

Luke was about to hang up, when Calum's voice stopped him.

"Oh, and dress nice."

And with that, the Kiwi boy on the other line hung up, leaving a very puzzled Luke to stare at his phone with furrowed eyebrows.

Before he could continue questioning his best friend's behaviour, he rapidly jumped out of his warm bed, and got out any random outfit from his closest.

He didn't bother to fix his hair, or "prettify" himself, because he was way too lazy to find all the products.

And plus, it was 1 am, and nothing at 1 am can be that important.

He jogged down the stairs, and when he closed his front door, he saw Calum's car parked outside, but with no Calum waiting outside.

Which was different, since Calum never waited in his car for Luke.

But the blonde was too tired to question it, so he just opened the car door, and stepped in.

He snuggled into the seat. Calum's car was always so warm and comfy, and Luke would always end up falling asleep whenever he was in it.

And he was planning on carrying out the tradition, when Calum's voice snapped him out of his zombie mode, waking him up fully.

"Luke! You didn't even do your hair! And -- " Calum stopped to sniff the blonde. "You didn't even take a second to spray deodorant!"

Luke's eyes moved to the side in confusion, before looking back at a very frustrated Calum.

"It's 1 am." the blonde said, his voice monotoned.

The raven haired let out a tutt, and turned himself, rummaging behind his seat for something.

After a few seconds, he turned back around, in his hand, a brush, and small can of hairspray.

The two friends had a small moment of awkward eye contact, before Calum spoke up to break it.

"Don't ask."

The blonde opened his mouth to say something, but Calum was already spraying the hairspray in Luke's hair, and combing it simultaneously.

After one last spray, and the smallest amount of cologne, that Calum just happened to have in his glove compartment, Luke finally questioned his friend.

"What is so important, that you have to oppress me with beauty products?"

Luke watched as Calum turned the key, and as the vechile started up, a small smirk crept across the raven haired's face.

"You'll see soon enough."

:::

The car stopped.

The blonde looked around, seeing only trees, trees, darkness, and more trees. And Luke didn't like it one bit.

He slid down in his seat, the seat belt covering his mouth and half of his nose, only his eyes peeking out to scan around him.

Luke heard the car door slam, and jumped with a small shriek, immediately trying to hide it and play it off as a cough, when Calum knocked on his window.

He looked up at his friend, seeing as Calum was pointing out, as if to tell Luke to get out of the car already.

The boy rapidly did as he was told, and stepped out of the car, gently closing the door behind him.

"Let's go." Calum said excitedly, grabbing Luke's arm and dragging the blonde with him.

The raven haired ran fast, and Luke tried his best to keep up, but he wasn't exactly the most agile person.

After a while, Calum finally stopped, and loosened his grip around Luke's upper arm.

"Oh, thank God." the blonde breathed out. He bent over, leaning his hands on his thighs and staring down at the groud, loud and sharp breaths escaping him.

A few minutes later, when he had regained his breath back, he stood up straight once more.

"Ok, let's - " he paused.

Calum wasn't there anymore.

"Cal?" he yelled out. "Cal?!"

Luke couldn't help but panic. He was gonna die. He could feel it. He's heard the news. He wasn't going to be a witness, let alone a victim.

He inhaled rapidly, eyes darting around, but all he saw were trees. Trees that seemed to get closer and closer, as the sky became darker and darker.

"Calum? Please dont joke around with me." he spoke, voice quiet, as his hands trembled.

Looking around, he brought his arms up to his torso, wrapping them around his stomach, defensively.

With his breath still quick, he hung his head low, gazing down at his shoes in defeat.

He was stuck there, with no phone, and no friend, and nothing to keep him warm. He was completely and utterly screwed.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, the wind blew harder, and along with it, flew a blue post it note, directly near Luke's feet.

Curiosity got the best of the boy, causing him to lean down and pick it up, his eyes immediately running across the note.

take ten steps forward, to find the next note - x

Luke furrowed his eyebrows.

Well, there was nothing better to do.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten.

Another note.

turn right, and walk forward five steps.

Turn. One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Luke did that for a while, following and collecting any notes he found.

And after a couple of those blue coloured notes being found and followed, the blonde couldn't believe what he was led to.

:::

HAHAHAAHA