NINE

Luke and Ashton have been texting non stop lately.

Whenever they had nothing to do, the two would just text. And even when the two did have something to do, they'd be texting each other.

It was sort of becoming an unhealthy habit, but neither of the two called it that.

The two both felt happier than ever whenever they texted, Luke never able to conceal his blushes, or Ashton, his smiles.

If anything, it was more of a healthy habit.

Ashton and Luke even called each other more often. But Luke would never talk.

It was always at the end of the day when they called, mainly before they went to sleep.

Ashton would tell Luke how his day went, and Luke would just listen, letting out a small hum to let Ashton know he was still there.

And sometimes, Luke would even drift to a soft sleep whilst on the phone. But not because Ashton was boring, of course not.

But because Luke could listen to Ashton talk all day. His smooth voice was so soothing, as he spoke quietly through the phone so his parents wouldn't wake up.

And Luke found it so perfect that he sort of just fell asleep sometimes, as if Ashton's voice was a sweet lullaby.

The hazel boy would know that when he heard gentle snores from over the phone, that Luke had drifted to sleep.

And when that happened, he would smile and whisper a small "Goodnight, Luke." and hang up the phone, his mind floating with images of the cute blonde.

The blonde was beginning to grow closer and closer to Ashton, however, not close enough to speak to him yet.

But he was happy Ashton wasnt pressuring him to, he just still wasnt ready to actually have a proper conversation with him.

Sometimes, he wished he would just be a little more confident so he could actually talk to people he wanted to.

Luke sighed as all these thoughts spiraled through his head.

He felt a fluffy object tickle his arm, and he looked down to find his puppy, Molly, rubbing it's side on his arm.

He let out an amused scoff, and gently petted the small puppy. He did that for a while, teasing it with a chew toy, when he heard a vibration from beside him.

He turned to see his phone screen on, with a new notification flashing.

New Message From : Ashton <3

hey luke, do you wanna hang out today or something ?

Luke read the message, smiling. However, his grin soon faded when realising he couldn't right now because of two certain brothers.

To : Ashton <3

i really want to, but my brothers made me do all their chores bc they're lazy

From : Ashton <3

well that's mean of them :(

Luke giggled at the sad face.

To : Ashton <3

i promise we can hang out soon though :-)

From : Ashton <3

** :)

Luke shook his head in amusement, and 'closed' his phone screen. He got up from his bed, and picked up Molly.