ELEVEN

Michael and Ashton were sitting on Michael's bed, bashing buttons on their game controllers.

The two haven't really been hanging out like usual, with Ashton always with Luke, and Michael always trying to find a way to get to Calum.

"So, you and Luke have been hanging out a lot." Michael commented, and Ashton frowned.

"I'm sorry. It's just, we always seem to bump into each other, I guess." the hazel boy explained and Michael just nodded along.

"It's cool." he starts, taking some time to hit some buttons on his controller, body slamming Ashton's character.

But Ashton didn't react. Michael always played video games in his spare time, so it was obvious he was better than Ashton will ever be.

"What's the deal with you and Luke, anyways?" Michael asked, although in a non rude tone.

Ashton shrugged as a reply, and Michael just let the question slide. He guessed neither Luke nor Ashton knew what they actually were, either.

Silence arose, the only sound being heard was the punching of buttons and the sounds from the game showing on the screen.

Michael kept glancing back at Ashton, seeing him playing the game normally, and so he thought it was the perfect time to ask some more questions to his curly haired friend.

"So, when are you gonna ask him out?"

Ashton froze, his character on the screen allowing Michael's character to punch the life out of him.

The tanned teen blinked to snap back into reality, and cleared his throat.

"I -- I don't know." he replied simply, and Michael just asked more questions.

"Well, do you like him?"

You see, Ashton and Michael weren't your typical teenage boys. Sure, they played video games and all that stereotypical stuff, but neither of them ever told each other if they fancied someone.

And so, the other just had to find out by themselves.

Ashton decided to play off the question in an orderly fashion, giving just a simple short reply.

"Yeah. He's cool." Ashton nodded to himself.

He watched as the screen froze, letting his eyes wander on Michael, who had pressed the button to pause it.

He raised his eyebrow in confusion as Michael shook his head, turning his full body around so he can get a better look at Ashton.

"No. But do you like Luke?"

Ashton kept his eyes open, as his brain slowly took over.

Does he like Luke? I mean, of course he likes Luke, Luke is the most unique person he's ever met.

But, Michael's asking him if he likes Luke, and Ashton wasn't sure.

How do you know when you like someone?

Ashton blinked once more and looked back up at his friend. He gave a little shrug, and Michael shuffles around on his bed to get comfortable.

"Ok." Michael starts. "Whenever you see Luke --" Ashton nodded along. "Do you automatically feel happy?"

"Yeah."

"Do you get all flustered when he's near you?"

"Sometimes."

"When you've held hands, did your stomach churn in a nice way?"

"I guess."

Michael smirks, and Ashton still watches him curiously.