CHAPTER ONE

A/N: so hey, this is my new story and as many of my readers will know, I'm not very good at this whole.. "Writing" thing.. So please don't get your hopes up.. yeah.. Baiii~

Zac's POV-

I run up to my school and dash inside. I quickly get to my locker and pull out my necessary books and slam the door shut. As I do so, the warning bell rings, telling me that I have one minute to get to class, or I'll be late. Again. I keep this in mind as I shove past people in the hallway. If I'm late to society and environment one more time, I'll get murdered by my teacher. I run around the year 7's, racing towards the class. Because I'm so unfit, I run out of breath by the time I reach the class. Just as I reach the door of my class, the final bell rings. I slip into my seat as I cough up my lungs.

"Zachary." Mrs. Gertrude, my s+e teacher, yells. "I thought I said if you were late to class one more time, you'd get detention." She crosses her arms. The whole class looks at me.

"I got here right as the bell rang! Please, one more chance." I beg. The class snickers.

"One more chance. Then it's detention for a week."

She then decides to go ahead and start the lesson. I zone out, looking at my desk. Society and Environment is so boring. It's the only class I'm failing. And Mrs. Gertrude hates my guts. I can't help that I find it boring and I have a teacher who wants to fail me anyways. I'm lost in the depths of my mind, not bothering to do the assignment laying out in front of me. Maybe that's why I'm failing. As I pretend to work for most of the period, I suddenly hear the voice of a person that I've never heard before. Slowly, I lift my head.

"Sorry I'm late." The boy says, shyly. He sticks out his hand to give the teacher a pass. He must be new. I haven't seen him before.

"That's okay, Kyle." She said with- is that a smile? I've never seen this bitch smile before. "You're new, I wouldn't expect you to know your way just yet." As he stands there, I take in his appearance.

He has perfectly straight dark brown hair. It looks really soft. His skin is pale, with a purple blue tinge, with a flawless complexion. My eyes begin to trail over his body, admiring his height and.. Other things.....
He's got on black jeans, black converse, and a purple collared shirt with a panda on the pocket. As my eyes trail back up his body, I feel my heart flutter. How did I not notice those eyes? They are the brightest blue I've ever seen. He's at the front of the room, and I can see them all the way from the back of the room. I keep my eyes practically glued to his when he looks directly at me. I quickly look back down at my desk and feel my face begin to heat up. I'm so fucking awkward. When I look back up, he's still looking at me with a smile on his face. Dear god, that smile.

Then, Mrs. Gertrude points my way.

"You can take that empty seat next to Zachary over there."

Kyle makes his way to the desk beside mine. No one wanted to sit next to me, so it was the only available one. Not that I mind that now. I watched him as he put his backpack down and sits. He offers me a small smile, which I gladly returned.

"I like your...shirt, I love pandas." I say, wishing I could be less awkward.

"Thanks. Zachary's your name, right?"

"Yeah ,but call me Zac. Teachers are the only ones that use my full name."

"Well then, in that case, Zac. I'm Kyle." He smiles again.

"Well, Kyle, welcome to this hellhole of a school."

"Oh no. Is it that bad?" He asks, disappointed.

"Sadly. It's mostly the people here that make it so terrible."

"Really? You don't seem like a terrible person." He says. I laugh a little bit.

"Thanks. I try not to be. I try to fly under the radar of most people here, so I just keep quiet. It's easier."

"Easier than what, exactly?"

"Getting picked on, being generally hated." I say, nonchalantly. He gulps.

"Quite a school."

"You haven't even heard half of it."

"Well, can't wait to hear more. Hopefully from you." He winked. I blushed and looked down. He certainly gains confidence quickly. The bell then rang, making me jump.

"Do you um want me to walk you to your next class? I mean since you might not know where it is." I offer, somewhat awkwardly.

"Sure." He accepts.

Everyone is already out of the classroom by the time Kyle and I stand up. As we put on our backpacks, I get distracted by Kyle's eyes again. They're so blue, so pure. You could go swimming in those eyes. How can such small things be so perfect? I realize that I'm staring when Kyle clears his throat.

"Zac?"

"Oh um I'm sorry. I just... You have beautiful eyes." I say before I can stop myself. I mentally facepalm. I then notice that Kyle's blushing.

"Thanks."

"So um, let's go. What do you have next?" I ask as he looks at his schedule.

"Um Science." He answers.

"Ah. Lucky you."

"Why lucky me?"

"Because I have the class right across from you."

"Well I guess I am lucky then. Anyone remotely close to you has to be pretty lucky." Was he... Flirting with me? No. No one has ever flirted with me before. No way.

"There's your classroom." I say, pointing to a door we approach." And if you want, I could maybe walk you to your class after this. I mean only if you want. Not that I don't want to, I just-"

"I would love that. I'll see you in an hour." He said. I smiled as he walked into his classroom. I turned and walked into my own classroom, still smiling.

As I sit in my seat, my mind races. Why do I already feel so strangely towards Kyle? I only just met him. Probably because he's not a dick like everyone else in this school. But I somehow don't think that's it. There's something about him. I can't explain it, not even to myself. I mean, I don't like him in that way. I mean I just met him last period. And I'm not even gay. I shouldn't feel this way about another guy.

Then why do I?

a/n~ yes I'm annoying and stuff but that's it for chapter one.. Don't ask about the teachers name I honestly have no idea why I even picked that but yeah.
THANKS FOR READING