CHAPTER EIGHT

A/N: I actually feel bad for Zac in this and the last chapter.. Anyways here we gooo

Zac's POV

I wake up in the morning, absolutely dreading going to school. Everyone probably knows by now. Mikell is really popular and I know he can spread gossip fast. Especially about two gay guys in a severely homophobic school.

Maybe no one believes it.

Maybe no one cares.

Maybe no one knows who we are, so they won't give us a hard time.

Yeah, right.

After going through my normal morning routine, I trudge through my front door and get on my way to hell. Or school. I really could never tell the difference anyways.

When I approach the school, I walk past the groups of people that usually hang out outside of the school in the mornings. Thankfully, I don't see Mikell. But judging by the looks that people are giving me, I'm guessing Mikell already told them about me and Kyle. Great. Now I'm unwillingly out to my whole school. And so is Kyle. I hope Kyle's okay. I mean, he's relatively new here, so maybe no one really knows him enough to give him a hard time. Me, on the other hand, I've been going to school with these people for years. Some even since I was five. And Mikell was one of those people.

I push open the doors and feel what little confidence I've ever had just shrivel up and die. Now, not only will I not have friends, but everyone will hate me. God, this is all my fault.

As I enter the school, nothing really happens to me. I expected some hateful glares, or name calling, or to be immediately beat up, but there was nothing. That is until I noticed the giant crowd of people across the cafeteria. People were screaming and cheering, trying to see everything that was happening.

Usually, I'm not very interested in seeing the fights at school. They're always between two annoying chavs about something stupid. This crowd of people, however, was the biggest crowd I've seen for a fight yet, so naturally, it catches my interest and I walk towards it. I soon realize that there's no way I'd ever see over all these people, so I turn and start to walk away. I'll probably hear all about it later anyways. As I walk away, I hear a kid shout into the crowd.

"Give the faggot what he deserves!"

I stop and turn around, realization hitting me like a brick.

Kyle's in there.

I don't know how, but I gather up all of the strength that I have, and start shoving through the crowd, yelling at people to move. Slowly, I get closer and closer to the center. Over everyone's cheers, I can hear Mikell spitting out insults and laughing after each one. Finally, I make it to the middle and I see Kyle pushed up against a wall. He's being held by the two idiots, Danny and Jakob, while Mikell beats on him.

"Hey Mikell. Look what we got over here." Jakob says, nodding my way. Mikell turns around and smiles, ready to attack.

"Well well well." Mikell starts. "If it isn't the other little-"

I punched him.

Square in the nose.

Everyone turned dead silent as Mikell stumbled back. Jakob and Danny dropped Kyle out of shock.

"Kyle, run!" I shout. Just I shout, the cheers are back on.

Kyle runs past the people, who try to push him back in, but he finally gets past. Looks like I'm getting beat up again. Not that I mind much. As long as it's not Kyle, I don't care. That's why I'm getting beat up for him again. That's why I keep telling him to run. Because he shouldn't be hurt. He doesn't deserve it. And, in a way, I do. I deserve it for accidentally outing us. I kissed him in the bathroom. Someone was bound to walk in. It just so happened to be Mikell. So, not only am I saving Kyle from getting hurt, but I'm also giving myself what I deserve for doing this to Kyle.