CHAPTER TWO

Zac's POV

When the bell rings after second period, I jump out of my seat and rush to the door of Kyle's classroom. I wait there for him as all of the students pour out of the classroom. I roll my eyes as I see the world's biggest asshole, Mikell, and his stupid little gang, Jakob and Danny, walk out of the classroom. Mikell was the main guy in their group. All Jakob and Danny seemed to do was follow him around, watch Mikell, and high five or laugh with him. What dicks. After they pass, Kyle comes out of the classroom, being the last one. I smile when I see him.

"So what class do you have next, Kyle?" I ask.

"Um... Free period." He says. I'm instantly thrilled.

"Really? Me too!" We start walking down the hall, dodging students when necessary.

"Cool. Where do you usually go?"

"I go down to the auditorium. There aren't any acting classes this period, so no one is in there."

"You have drama here? My old school didn't."

"Yeah. I'm in it fourth period."

"That's cool. I didn't know that you're an actor." Kyle says, somewhat impressed.

"Yeah. I guess I am." I say as we approach the auditorium. I open the door and hold it for him. As he walks through, he smiles at me. I go to the stage with Kyle following next to me. I drop my backpack on the stage and sit on the front of the stage. Kyle puts his backpack with mine and sits right next to me. "I guess we don't really know that much about each other yet, do we?"

"Not really."

So that's how we spent the majority of the period. Just getting to know each other. I learned so much about him in that short time. He already knows more about me than anyone else does. Also, it turns out his old school is the one that's just about 20 minutes away from here.

"Why do you go here now? Did you move?" I ask. He looks down at his lap.

"Oh um no. I transferred. I uh... I move around a lot and hm." He looked uncomfortable.

"You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to." I say, not wanting to push him.

"No, it's fine. I trust you." He looks me in the eyes, smiling. I smile too. No one has ever said that to me before. Kyle's smile, however, quickly fades. "No one in my old school liked me. And I mean it when I say no one. I don't really know why though. I never did anything wrong, I guess being new people had already made friends with everyone so"

I went over to him and put my arm around him, pulling him closer.

"Oh Kyle. I'm so sorry. That won't happen here. I won't let it, I promise, well you already have me so I can definitely say it won't"

"Thanks, Zac. It means a lot." He laughs

"You're welcome. And I was just kind of wondering something."

"What?"

"Do you want to come to my house after school? We could play video games or something." I offered, nervously. He sat up and smiled.

"Sure." He answered. I then realized my arm was still around him. I awkwardly, and a little too quickly, pulled my arm away.

"I uh... Sorry." I muttered, blushing a bit.

"It's okay." He mutters back. I can see him blushing out of the corner of my eye. The bell rings, interrupting this new awkward situation. Luckily, we both get over it.

"Do you want me to walk you to your next class?" I ask as we stand up. We already compared schedules, and we know we have different classes this period. I have acting in here, while Kyle has math upstairs.

"No, it's fine. You're already in your classroom. It would be stupid if you end up late to this class just because you want to walk me."

"Okay. I'll see you at lunch then." Fortunately, he had fifth period lunch with me, so we could see each other then.

"Okay. See ya." He said as he left.

I got off stage and went to my assigned seat in the audience. I know Kyle just left, but I already kind of want to see him again. I have a feeling that this class will take forever.

Right before the bell rang, I was on stage performing a piece that I was assigned last week. The acting teacher, Mrs. Lavender , clapped her hands. "Brilliant, Zac! Beautiful!" she said. Not to brag, but I always was her favorite.
I headed off stage as the bell rang and grabbed my backpack. I quickly stuffed my script in the bag and zipped it up. As I turned to leave from my seat, I slipped and fell on top of some seats.

"Oh shit!" I yelled on my way down. The arm rests of the seat hit me painfully in the stomach and...other places. Thank god everyone already left the auditorium. I stand up and walk painfully to the door.

"Did you know that you're an amazing actor?" I hear as I open the door, scaring me.

"Jesus, Kyle. Way to scare me! And thank you. How did you see it?"

"Well, my teacher was distracted, and I knew it would be hard to find you next period in the cafeteria, so I wanted to wait for you here. Then you went on stage and... Yeah I wanted to watch. You were seriously like really good. Like a professional." I blushed as he complimented my acting.

"Thanks."

"So lunch?"

"Yep. Follow me."

We walked to the cafeteria and I led him to the table where I usually sit alone. Even though I wasn't used to it, it was nice to have some company. Finally.

You'd think that after we spend our whole free period together, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about. It was actually the complete opposite. We had too much to talk about. We talked non-stop until the bell rang. I wanted to keep on talking, but unfortunately, lunch was our last class together for the day. And I couldn't even walk him to his next class because our classes are on opposite sides of the school. Now I have to wait until after school to talk to him again. I'm glad I invited him over. I'm glad he said he'd like to come over.

I can't wait.

A/N so that's chapter 2 done..