CHAPTER SEVEN

Zac's POV

Today marks the day that Kyle and I have been dating for three weeks. Being in a relationship is still new to the both of us, but we're getting used to it. We just feel so comfortable around each other, that a relationship just seemed so natural. And everyday, it gets better. Everyday, we get more comfortable. Everyday, we spend all our time together. It's more than I could ever ask for. He's an amazing friend and a perfect boyfriend. It's weird that we've been together for three weeks. Feels like a day.

As I sit here in first period, I can't help but tune out everything Mrs. Gertrude says. Every so often, I sneak glances at Kyle, who is taking notes on the lecture. His concentration face is so adorable.

"Zachary!" I snap my head forward.

"Yes, Mrs. Gertrude?" I answer. She gets all annoyed and butt-hurt when you don't use her name when talking to her.

"Please tell me what is so fascinating about Kyle that you have to keep on looking back over at him." She says, rudely. I blush at the fact that I got caught staring at Kyle. I notice Kyle blush slightly, too. I also see that little smirk on his face as he looks down at his desk.

"Oh uh sorry. I was looking at his notes to see what he was writing. I was a bit behind on what you were saying, so I was just catching up." I smile slightly as she grunts in response and continues her lecture.

I pay attention to the rest of the lecture and take notes until the bell rings. As everyone distracts themselves with packing their bags, Kyle nudges me and smiles.

"I know it's hard, but you need to control your staring." He whispers. I laugh to myself.

We walk side by side to our second period classes. We walk into our separate rooms, absolutely dreading this class. I go about my usual business in the class until about half hour through. Through the open door, I see Kyle exit his classroom and run in to the hall, looking frantic. I raise my hand.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"Yeah, go ahead." My teacher said, not really caring.

I shot straight up and grabbed my backpack, just in case Kyle wanted to skip second if he wasn't feeling well. I ran down the hall, looking for Kyle. I go into the bathroom, hoping that's where he went. When I got in, I saw Kyle by the sinks, splashing water on his face. When he noticed someone was in here with him, he tensed up. He looked over and saw it was me. His look softened when he looked into my eyes. He walked up to me and threw his arms around my neck, pulling me in a hug. I put my arms around his waist, surprised at how he was acting. He wasn't crying, but his breath was heavy and he seemed to be panicking.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I ask, generally concerned and really confused. When I ask, his breathing got faster and he tensed up again. "Kyle, calm down." I say, gently. "Everything's fine. Just please calm down." In a minute, Kyle's breathing gets back to normal.

"Do you know Mikell?" Kyle asks, quietly.

Ugh. Of course. That dick. I swear if he did something to hurt Kyle, I'll kill him.

"Yeah I know that douche. Why?"

"I don't want to repeat everything he said, but let's just say he doesn't like me."

"Oh Kyle." I put a hand on his cheek. "What did he say?"

"I don't want to tell you. It hurts to think about it, let alone repeat it."

"How long has he been doing this?" I ask. Kyle stays silent. "Kyle, tell me."

"Since my first day."