CHAPTER SIX

As Kyle and I walked down my street, I feel Kyle's arm around my waist. I smile to myself and shiver at his touch. Coming closer to my house, I see my empty driveway. Our always empty driveway. Since no one is home, that means I can do what I want. Sometimes, even when you're a carefree teenager, it gets pretty boring. And let me tell you, I'd have bored myself to death by now if it hadn't been for Kyle. Kyle's been keeping me sane by coming over to my house almost everyday. Thank god for that. As I walk up to the front door, I stop and internally facepalm.

"Shit." I mutter.

"What?" Kyle asks, letting go of my waist.

"This morning, since I was kind of nervous to go to school, I guess I forgot my key."

"Don't you have a spare anywhere?" Kyle asks. "We keep a spare under our mat."

"No, but now that seems like a good idea." I look around the house. The garage door is always locked. "Looks like I'm going to have to go through a window." The only windows we have that I can reach are around in the back of the house.

"Okay, just don't get hurt."

"I'll be fine." I say as I make my way to the fence to our backyard. I've never been good at hoping fences, so as I make my way over, I lose my balance and fall on my face.

"Zac? You okay?" Kyle said, suppressing laughter.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just stay over there."

I walk over to a window that I can reach and slide is open. I go in feet first and land loudly on the floor, losing my balance yet again. I stand up, groaning in pain. I get to the front door and let Kyle in.

"You know, even after falling on the grass, you still look adorable." Kyle smiles at me and all I can do is smile back. I grab his hand and take him up to my room. As he sits on my bed, I look down and notice all the dirt I got on my shirt. I grab a shirt from my closet and pull off the one I'm wearing. "That's attractive." Kyle comments. I laugh and turn to him.

"You know it is!" I joke. I pull on my shirt and lay down on my bed next to him. Kyle and I sit there on our sides, examining each others eyes. He pulls me closer by wrapping an arm around my waist. My heart pounds as our chests press together.

"I can feel your heartbeat." Kyle says, his voice soft. "It's beating fast."

"That always happens when I see you." Kyle blushes at my confession.

"Mine does that too when I see you."

"I can't feel it."

Kyle takes my hand in his and presses it lightly against his chest. My cheeks burn from the slightly intimate contact. Sure enough, his heart is pounding in his chest.

"Feel it now?"

"Yeah. I do."

Kyle cautiously presses his lips to mine, kissing me softly. I kiss back, my mouth moving along with his smoothly. My hand moves from his chest and relocates to his back. He pulls away for a second, only to kiss back with even more force. Suddenly, I feel his tongue enter my mouth. My heart speeds up somehow faster than it was beating before. This was a brand new experience to me. I had never kissed anyone like this before. I like it. As he explores my mouth with his tongue, I notice a warm, fuzzy, tingly feeling inside of me.

This is actually happening. I'm actually kissing a guy that I like. And he actually likes me back. And he's actually my boyfriend.

Gradually, we slow down the kiss from a complete and utter make out session to a sweet and simple kiss. When our lips finally pull apart, I open my eyes. The first thing I see are his electric blue eyes. The electric blue that I could never take my eyes off of. I wrap my arms around Kyle and cuddle him.