CHAPTER TEN

A/N: WHATS THIS? TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY D: yup yup it is. I felt like being nice. Here we goooo

Zacs POV-

The final bell rings and I hop right out of my seat, glad that it's finally the weekend. And I do mean it when I say 'finally'. This week has been dragging on and on forever. It's mostly because of Mikell and everyone else. Since they all make my life a living Hell, they make the day seem longer. And it sucks.

Today, however, wasn't too bad. Why, you might ask? Well, Kyle and I managed to dodge Mikell today. How? Beats me. We just didn't happen to run into him, so that made our day somewhat easier. I mean, everyone else still throws insults, glares at us, or makes jokes, but it's still better than Mikell pounding on us.

Another reason why today just so happens to be a good day is that Kyle and I are having a date night at his house. That's right, we are one of those couples that actually has date night. Yeah, judge us. It was Kyle's idea, and it just so happens that I can't say no to him. Also, he really deserves some time to just relax and take a break from all this shit. And alone time with him sounds wonderful anyways. Just me and Kyle, watching movies at his house, snuggling into each other, doing cheesy romantic stuff. Hell, we both deserve this!

When I get out of the school to meet with Kyle, I see he's already there. He's turned away from me and hasn't seen me yet, so I walk up behind him and put a gentle arm around his shoulders. He smiles as he turns around and kisses me lightly. I take his hand in mine and we start walking.

"So, do you have everything you need?" Kyle asked, making sure we don't need to stop at my house.

"Yeah. I put everything in my backpack this morning." I answer. He nods and we keep walking. We only walk about ten seconds when we hear a rough voice emitting from behind us.

"Oi! Queers!" Why if it isn't our good friend Mikell. I roll my eyes and keep walking. Kyle squeezes my hand.

"Just ignore him." I whisper. Kyle nods and we keep walking. I hear heavy footsteps rapidly approaching.

"Hey, faggots! I'm talking to you!"

Kyle and I continue our walk and ignore plan, until Mikell places a hand on Kyle's shoulder, spinning him around. I turn and push Mikell away from us.

"Don't fucking touch him!" I growl in his face. Mikell smirks, liking the reaction he's getting.

"Or what? You'll hit me?"

"Keep talking and I might." I warn. I gently push Kyle behind me, not wanting him involved.

"Oh I'm so scared." Mikell laughs as he pushes me back slightly. Man, he really knows how to make my blood boil.

I, not wanting to throw the first punch, give him a death glare and turn around. I put an arm around Kyle and we start walking away. I can't even get two feet away until Mikell starts up again.

"Yeah, that's right. Walk away like the pussy you are. You and your ugly little boyfriend"

I stop in my tracks and clench my fists. Normally, I probably would just walk away. But for some reason, this situation was different. Very different. Probably because not only did he insult me, but he insulted Kyle. And if I just let that go, I'll never let myself live it down.

"Zac, don't." Kyle pleads in a whisper.

I ignore Kyle and turn towards Mikell, taking a step forward. Before I can even say anything, Mikell punches me right in the gut. I loose my cool and punch him back, aiming for his face. He stumbles, but quickly regains himself. Somehow, I find enough strength in myself to charge at him and push him against the wall. I hear a crack from his body and an angry swear from his mouth. I punch him in the stomach and watch him as he groans in pain.