CHAPTER THREE

Zac's POV

I wait impatiently by the front doors of the school, tapping my foot. I scan the crowd of people coming out, only to be disappointed. Where is he?

"Boo!" Someone grabs my shoulders from behind me.

"What the shit?!" I scream as I jump from being scared. Then I realize it's Kyle. "That's the second time you scared me today. If you do that again, I'm going to have to rip your face off." I warn, jokingly. Kyle laughs.

"Got it."

We start making the short journey to my house. It only takes about five minutes to walk there from school. As we walked in the door, Kyle looked around.

"I like your house. It's nice."

"Thanks. No one's home, so we can do whatever." I tell him. "Come on."

I grab his hand and lead him up to my room. I open the door to reveal my room, which is surprisingly quite clean. I don't have much in here. I have my bed against one wall, my closet full of clothes, my desk that I never use, my piano that I play more often than I'd like to admit, my TV placed across from my bed (with my many epic gaming systems), and a giant shelf of games.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask as I drop his hand, realizing that I was still holding it. First I accidentally keep my arm around him, and now I hold his hand. He must know something's up. I decide if I ignore the fact that I was holding his hand, maybe he'd ignore it too.

"I don't know." He says, looking around. He notices my collection of video games and walks over to them. "Wow. How did you get so many games?"

"Years of begging parents for new games." I smile when I hear him laugh. "Wanna play one?"

"Sure."

"Okay. You can pick."

Kyle studies the shelf and looks at all the titles. He picks one out and tosses it to me. I, by some sort of miracle, catch it. I look at the case, seeing that he picked Guitar Hero.

"Good choice." I comment.

"Yeah. It's the only video game I'm actually good at." Kyle says. I grab the disk and put it in the system. I grab two guitars and walk over to Kyle.

"I'm pretty good at most video games." I brag a bit. I hand Kyle a guitar. "I'm even letting you use my favorite guitar."

"Well aren't I special?" Kyle smiled.

"You are." I reply, meaningfully. Kyle and I kind of just smile shyly at each other, both obviously blushing a bit.

"So let's play!" Kyle cheered, breaking the silence. I sat on the bed and Kyle plopped down next to me.

"Prepare to lose!" I say, acting bad-ass.

"Yeah right. I'm sure you're going to lose." Kyle replies, determined to beat me.

After we played five songs, I realize that I run my mouth too much. Out of the five games we played, Kyle won four of them. The only reason I won the other one was because I blocked the TV trying to sabotage Kyle. When I won that game, Kyle tackled me back onto the bed, pinning my arms down.

"Cheater!" He called, laughing loudly.

"Am not!" I retorted, also laughing.

"Yes you are! Admit it!"

"Never!"

Suddenly, I felt Kyle's hand on my neck. Damn myself for telling him my neck issues!

"Admit it!" Kyle repeated. I was squirming like mad under him, willing him to stop touching my neck. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.