.8.

:::CHERI:::

"Who the fuck is Latonya?!" I shouted from the top of my lungs as I stood over Jeremy with his phone in his hand.

    Jeremy was laying in bed, flat on his stomach, mouth wide open, in a deep dream before I came into the room in rage. He looked up at me as if he was least fazed by me coming up in the room demanding for him to explain himself. He closed his eyes back and closed his mouth.

    I dropped his phone onto his back.

    "Jeremy! I'm not playing with you!" I shouted.

    "Cheri, get the fuck out of here with all that noise. I just worked a damn sixteen hour shift and I want to sleep. I don't want to argue with you about who's name is in my phone." He fussed back at me with the sound of sleep in his voice.

    Jeremy and I were hitting yet another rocky road in our relationship and I just couldn't shake the feeling that he was being unfaithful to me. And maybe I'm wrong, but any woman in their right mind knows something ain't right when their man refuses to acknowledge the fact that they've been conversing it up with another female who you don't know.

    It's crazy enough that he's spending so much damn time with Tereny, but to have another woman's number in his call log was making shit tough for me. Now, I let Tereny slide because she's my little brother's wife. Being that we shared the same man once upon a time in our life, I sometimes have a hard time appreciating the fact that she and my boyfriend go out on lunch dates and stuff like they're in a relationship and all.

    But, due to what we've been in together, I doubt she'd pull a stunt like that. And besides, she's married to Bruce and seems to love him. I don't want to start anymore drama with her. But I was going to be on Jeremy's ass until my suspicions subsided. But he keeps giving me reasons to believe he was being unfaithful.

    You'd think he wouldn't give me reasons not to trust him being that I'd went through a continuous battle with Tray. But, nah. Jeremy was no different than Tray. Only thing is, he wasn't so obvious with it. But had a bad habit of leaving his phone around the house whenever he was too tired.

    "Cheri! What the fuck is your problem?!" Jeremy shouted at me as he jumped up and grabbed his phone and sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. I could give two fucks that he was tired. I wanted answers and I wanted them now.

    "Well, tell me who the fuck Latonya is? Should I be worried about you texting another bitch?" Jeremy rolled his eyes and looked up at the ceiling in frustration.

    "You need to stop watching Sidelines." He said as he stood up.

    "What the fuck does me watching Sidelines got to do with you texting another bitch?! A bitch that I don't know shit about!" I shouted as he walked into the bathroom. I followed behind him.

    "Every time you watch an episode, you turn into this angry black woman or something. Going through my phone, my clothes, my car, my pillows. And I'm going to act like I didn't see you parked at Ravine Gardens watching me and Tereny jog the trail, man. You be tripping all the time." He said as he ran his toothbrush bristles through the water and added toothpaste.

    "That show has nothing to do with what I got going on with you. You give me reasons to do what I do, Jeremy! You know I've been through so much shit and you're still out there talking to other females and think I'm just supposed to take it." I argue, putting my hands on my hips. "We've got two kids together, Jeremy, and we're supposed to be getting married! You wanna give all of that up to them hoes out there who don't mean you no good?!"

    "Man, those girls are clients!" Jeremy shouted, aggravated.

    "So, you be texting your clients at one in the morning? What could y'all possibly be talking about at one in the morning? Sex positions?" I argue back at him, unfolding my arms as he looks at me with a smirk on his face. I hated it when he smiled at me when I was angry and he knew it. He did it all the time. "Fuck you, Jeremy." I say, turning away from him.