.42.

:::KEIRA:::

I don't remember dozing off, but waking up, I felt well rested. Since I wasn't taking my father's death so well, Bruce had come by last night and took Yasmin so that I could relax and get myself together. Chris had stayed up all night with me, catering to my every need and I was more than appreciative to have him by my side at a time like this. I was actually falling more and more for him as time progressed on. He just didn't understand how much I appreciated him right now.

    Yawning and stretching, I realized that Chris was still asleep. Because he was so busy catering to my every need, I didn't want to wake him up, so I inched my way out of the bed and walked into the bathroom to take care of my morning hygiene. When I was finished, I found a pair of Chris's sweatpants and a UCLA t-shirt and put that on.

    Pulling my damped curly hair into a messy bun, I walked into the front room area and sat down onto the sofa, staring off into space, which was Chris's grayish brick wall.

    My mind had gotten so lost into the gray bricks that I started to think about all of the good times that I'd had with my dad from being a little five year old child, when he first taught me how to ride my bike without training wheels. The smile on his face was to die for. I started to think about when I had my first visit with Auntie Flow. He almost lost his mind. He was so unsure of what to do that he told me to grab some toilet tissue and stuff my underwear and it should stop the bleeding. I bled through my pants and he thought I was dying. He rushed me to the hospital and told them that I was dying. That just made me smile realizing that my dad was just so clueless when it came to some things, but he cared so much that he was willing to go through great lengths to make sure my health was alright opposed to Adele.

    That moment when I had Yasmin, though. That was the best day of my life. The way the he held Yasmin in his arms and stared down at her. It was as if he was staring down at me and telling me that no matter what, he'd always be there. I had started crying and looked down, trying to erase the thoughts from my head. It hurts so bad that he'll never be able to see his granddaughter grow into a beautiful young lady and become way better than her mother.

    All I ever wanted was to be with my daddy. And as soon as things were getting so close, he ups and dies on me. I'm not blaming him for what happened. I blame Adele. If it weren't for her stressing him out so bad and trying to make people believe that he was this unfit father, he would be here, still. I'd probably be with him. Oh my God, why my father? He was such a good man.

    My crying was startled by my phone ringing next to the bed on Chris's side. I jumped up, afraid that he was going to wake up, and rushed to the phone, snatching it up, clicking on the silent button before looking at who was calling.

    I didn't know the number but I didn't want to chance it and not answer when it could be someone from my dad's side of the family trying to get in touch with me about something since they were planning his funeral arrangements. Sighing and rubbing my eyes, I answer the call.

    "Hello?"

    "Oh, so I guess you getting all sassy and blocking my number, huh?!" Adele shouted into the phone, certainly catching me off guard. "And where the hell you staying at?!"

    "With a friend." I answer her.

    "With what friend? Your ass ain't got no damn friends! Who the hell you staying with? A boy? You out there being a little hoe, Keira?!" She shouted into the phone. I could hear the anger in her voice the more and more she spoke to me.

    "No, I—I'm not." I say, about to cry again.

    "You need to bring ya  little fast ass home somewhere! It's a shame I had to hear through the damn streets that ya daddy don died! You could've called me and told me something, little girl! I gave you curfew and you should be thankful I ain't call the damn police on ya ass! Bring ya little fast ass home, ya little bitch! NOW!" She continued insulting me.