.29.

:::CHERI:::

"It's really nice to finally meet you all. My name's Cheri Golden, but you can call me Cheri. It's an honor to have you all as a team and I'm sure that Mr. Daniel Atkins has done a wonderful job leading you all and I am honored to have taken his spot on the number one winning team. I'm praying to continue to guide you all in the same way that Mr. Atkins has."

    I wasn't happy to be standing in front of the these people, telling them my life story as if it was something to talk about. I just rather start right to work, but it's mandatory to speak with the team and let them know who I was and get to connect with them. I could already tell that I wasn't going to make much of a connection with most of them who seemed uninterested in getting to know me. But, I was getting paid for these two hours that I was going to be here, so I'd only make the best out of it.

    "I also want you all to feel that you can come to me about anything you'd like. I'm always open to connect more with you all and learn more about you. I want us to be close as a team, learn more from one another, and keep things open. A healthy team is the best team." Now I was just thinking up of shit from the top of my head and it wasn't making a bit of sense for me.

    Looking around the room to see the uninterested people staring back at me, there was one person in particular who my eyes couldn't stay off of. They stared back at me in the same way and it was making me a bit uncomfortable. That's when she gave me devious grin and held her hand up for me to call onto her. I was a little hesitant at first, but that's when everyone else started looking her way. I sighed a little.

    "Yes, ma'am?" I ask her, pointing towards her.

    "My name's Tacoia Jones. Nice to meet you, Ms. Cheri Golden." She said as she smiled back at me as if we were the best of friends. I wanted to roll my eyes and walk out of the goddamn room and demand they switch teams or something because there was no way in hell I wanted to be working near this bitch.

    "Uh huh..." I say back to her, folding my arms.

    "Oookay..." she smiled, realizing that I was far from friendly. "It's come to my attention that you said that you were praying to continue to guide us. When you say that you're praying to continue to guide us, is that because you're lacking confidence in yourself because we don't need an insecure team leader. Daniel Atkins was far from being an insecure team leader." She crossed her arms with this evil smile that I damn near wanted to knock off with my damn Michael Kors.

    "It's not that I'm an insecure team leader. I've done this type of work before where I had a team of my own and I led them to success, making them the number one team in the building. I'm sure that I can do the same here. This company means a lot to me and I want to see us work together as a team and have our awesomeness rub off on the others here, making us the top company in America, you feel me? And anyone who doesn't wish to be a team player can take a step towards that thick wooden door right over there." I said. Smiling at her, I point towards the door. "I'm not lacking any of the necessities for this job and the same way that I have confidence in myself, I have the same amount of confidence in you."

    "Does that mean you don't have any in us at all?" Tacoia asked, stirring up curiosity in the room. I took a deep breath and shook my head, walking over towards her a bit to get personal. I wanted her to see the words come from my mouth, clearly. All eyes were on us and I knew those eyes were anxious to figure out what the problem was.

    "If you have any personal issues, Ms. Jones, I'd suggest you handle those issues outside of this building like a professional woman would do. There will be none of this here. So if you can't handle yourself like a lady," I stand up straight and point towards the door, "the door."