.20.

:::KEIRA:::

What the fuck does she really want to meet up with me for? She ain't my baby daddy. My business ain't none of hers. But, let me just say, I've been constantly disrespecting her, but not intentionally. At least, I don't think so.

    So, yea...I made up an excuse to have Bruce's phone that night at the hospital. I wanted to see what this Tereny chick looked like and I knew Bruce had pictures of her and shit like that. I thought it was cute when I'd accidentally called Tereny and realized it when I asked him to tell me if he were happy. Yea, he told me he was happy, but Tereny didn't hear that part. I muted the phone quick, fast, and in a hurry. But I guess the shit didn't work. Plus, Bruce came at me sideways about the situation and I had to tell him that I didn't call Tereny because I wasn't all up in his phone like that.

    He believed me...

    But!

    In Bruce's phone, there were plenty of pictures of the little girl that I assumed was his daughter Britney. The baby reminded me of somebody I knew with her cute little grayish-brown eyes and long eyelashes. Her blondish brown hair was just too adorable on her. There was pictures of Bruce's niece, Cashmere, and it looked as if Cheri had another baby because on one of the pictures, Cashmere was holding a baby boy.

    Most pictures were of Bruce, Chris, and two of Bruce's female friends from back in Georgia where he lived before he came down here. And then, that's when I ran across the pictures of Tereny. She's a big girl. She look okay. She don't look better than me.

    I never would've taken Bruce for a chubby chaser. I always thought Bruce out to be one of those dudes who are into bright skin, petite girls, with long and curly hair. But, I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought I knew him. But, whatever.

    I'd went on to viewing text messages and seeing that he and Chris talk about me a lot. Now, I wasn't happy about what Bruce was saying about me, but I know he doesn't mean every word that he put in his text messages. He probably wanted to make himself look good for Chris to keep Chris on his side. But, whatever. I knew the truth and the truth wasn't in those text messages that he was sending to his best friend. And do not let me get started on the messages between him and Tereny. Shake my damn head at the two of them.

    Baby this, baby that, ooh baby this, aww baby that, bae, boo, sweetheart! Bitch please! They ain't that damn in love with each other. I could smell the fakeness in their marriage from a mile away. Tereny's being played anyway. Bruce has been texting some girl name Gabby and telling her that he loves her and wants to see her and all this. Bruce ain't nothing but a dog like the rest of these niggas out here. Obviously, Tereny ain't doing what she should be, or else he wouldn't be telling Gabby that he's been thinking about her. Vanessa, too. I didn't go into him and Vanessa's text thread, I was trying to go through some other stuff.

    But here I am...sitting here at this picnic table, waiting on Tereny to pull up so that we can "talk" about whatever it is that's on her mind, I guess. I told Bruce I wasn't down with meeting with his wife, but he said that if I wanted to be in a healthy space, I'd talk to his wife. I'm sick of hearing about her so I agreed to go through with it. But one thing I don't appreciate is the fact that this bitch has me sitting here, waiting for her to come. Who the fuck she think she is? She asked me here, not the other way around. Her ass should be waiting for me to get here.

    I'd been here for ten minutes, just waiting and I was fed up with this whole thing. I was done and over with it. Tereny didn't want to come on time. The time that she picked for us to meet and she ain't even here.

    Fuck this, I'm out.

    I got up from the picnic table, grabbing my phone and keys and started jetting towards my car and stopped in my tracks when I saw a gray Impala pulling into the parking lot of the East Palatka river park stop next to my car. Assuming it may be Tereny, I cross my arms and feel a breeze underneath my ankle skirt.