.27.

:::CHRIS:::

I look into my bathroom mirror at myself for a moment, trying to figure out what in the fuck did I get myself into. Shit was crazy, but I knew that I'd brought it on myself.

    My worst nightmare had finally come true. Just when I thought that praying to God could get you through anything, God was trying to tell me that this was just one ass whipping I was going to have to take. It wasn't so much of Vanessa because when I broke my secret to her, all she could do was turn away and leave me standing there, while it was India who punched me dead in my jaw, sending me to the floor just to be attacked with double fists.

    This girl might've been small, but she fought as if she were two people. And I was really digging this girl. I shook my head, realizing that my jaw was swollen and my bottom lip had been bust open.

    Don't get me wrong, I fought back, but I was no match for the hood in India's ass. She sent me in circles and damn near killed me. My face showed it all. My face was her masterpiece and if I wasn't my damn self, I'd say her ass did a good job at fucking me up. And I knew she never wanted to talk to me again.

    Due to the fact that my boss wasn't present when the fight had happened, he'd ordered for us to be at his office tomorrow morning to figure out what in the hell went down. He wanted both sides of the story and all witnesses present to figure out what he'd do from here. And I knew that India was going to make it known that I'm not at all who I appear to be. I had to brace myself for tomorrow and I knew it. But I had to talk to my friends first before thinking about skipping town and changing my name.

    The knock at my door brought me back into reality and from the horrible ass whipping I had taken not even two hours ago. I already knew that it was Bruce, so I braced myself to show him the new look I'd be rocking for a while. It sort of reminded me of what happened that night I went to Vanessa's house and found her all bruised up. Now, look how shit works out when you're not honest with the people you grew to love?

    Opening the door, I meet eyes with Keira, holding her daughter in her arms, which confused the hell out of me that she'd be standing here at my door. When she saw my face, she looked at me as if she saw a ghost or something. That's when Bruce came walking up behind her, carrying Britney who was wide awake and staring at me. This was the last thing I needed. When I thought he said he had someone, I thought he meant just that. One. But right here was several, including a person I damn sure didn't want all up in my shit right now. But, I'm sure it's a good explanation as to why Keira is here and with him.

    I pushed the door open, further, to let them in and turned away, walking into my kitchen, which was also part of my bedroom/living room. Bruce got everyone settled before walking into the kitchen area towards me to examine my face. And looked back at Keira for a moment before talking.

    "What the fuck happened to you, bruh?" He mumbled low so that Keira didn't hear. But I was more so concerned with why the hell Keira was here.

    "What the fuck is she doing here, bro?" I asked him, low enough to where she couldn't pick up what was being said. Bruce looked back at her who was too busy tending to her daughter to hear us.

    "You know how her moms be acting, man." He explained. "But, fuck my situation right now, what the fuck happened to you?" He said, still whispering.

    "Man, I got myself into some deep shit, man. Vanessa knows." I tell him.

    "She knows?" Bruce asked, seeming shocked. "She knows you're a girl? How'd she find out?"

    "I told her."

    "You told her? Is that what the fuck happened to your face?" Bruce said as he examined it further, looking as if my bruises were contagious. "Did y'all fight?"