.52.

:::BRUCE:::

I was in the middle of watching an episode of The Walking Dead when I received a phone call from Cheri letting me know that she needed me to come over and do something for her. She didn't make it clear as in what she needed me to do, but I was pulling in the driveway and her car wasn't there.

    I was getting ready to back out when I saw her pulling up wearing her shades. I laughed at the fact that my big sister thought she was Miss Rich & Famous and shit. She did look the part, though. I got out of my car as she hopped her short ass out of her SUV and looked around at me. Smiling from ear to ear, she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. I gave her a hug and then let go.

    "I'm glad you could make it here." She said to me.

    "I almost left." I admitted. She shook her head and walked up to the front door to let us in.

    When we walked in, I walked directly to her living room and took a seat as she walked into the kitchen to do whatever. What was mainly on my mind was why I was here. She walked out of the kitchen several minutes later and walked over to sit down next to me. She stared me up and down for a few moments, making the scenery awkward as hell. Part of me wanted to say something to her, but I was going to let her continue to fill me out before asking her what this was all about.

    She sighed and then slapped her thighs and readjusted her seating before looking away and then back at me. I could instantly tell that she was uneasy. I had other shit that I'd rather be doing than to sit here and be playing the staring game with my big sis. I love her and all, but this shit was awkward as hell.

    "You gonna tell me why I'm here or we just gonna stare at each other, making this shit awkward as hell? Let me know if you're getting any ideas because I can leave this joint before it gets more awkwarder." I say on a serious note. Cheri shook her head and giggled a bit.

    "Sorry, Bruce, but I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with you right now." She said, this time, just as serious as I was which threw my ass to the sharks. I wasn't expecting for her to come off so cockily when it seemed like she was having fun with me.

    "What the hell you talking about?" I ask her.

    "Tereny came over here last night enraged. Hell, she told me off, what makes it so bad. I just don't understand why she's so bent on wanting Britney to see Tray." She confessed. That's when the room started getting hot, and I was damn near close to popping off on her about what was going on.

    Why in the fuck did Tereny run to my sister with our problems? Any problem she had with me, it should've been confronted with me, not with my sister. Is Tereny going crazy? Hell, is Tereny turning back into the old Tereny, is what I want to know? Who the fuck did she think she was, demanding I let my daughter see that no good son of a bitch? Fuck Tray, and I'll always stand by that, no matter the fuck what. Even if this shit brought us to divorcing, I didn't give a damn. I'm still Britney's legal guardian and what I say goes until Britney turns eighteen. I don't give a fuck.

    "Man, she came here to you last night with this shit? For real, though?" I say with an attitude. Cheri took a deep breath so deep that I thought she was getting ready to start choking from lack of oxygen just then.

    "I don't know, Bruce. I mean, maybe you should hear Tereny out."

    "Man, I did and I told her how I felt. The discussion was over last night when she so-called herself walking out mad. Britney's not having shit to do with Martray and I meant what I said. She can say all the shit in the world, but I ain't budging. This is one thing I'm standing by whether she likes it or not, Cheri." I tell her, positive that I'm doing the right thing.