.22.

:::VANESSA:::

Not hearing from Chris had me on the road of no return.

    I was getting furious and now I was starting to feel like my heart was being played with. Since not being in contact with Chris, I'd bailed out on my job and called in every other day. I just couldn't understand what was going on with us. I mean, none of my calls, texts, Facebook messages, or even Twitter messages were being answered.

    No one in my family really knew about my relationship with Chris due to the relationship with Raymond, but Lamont. So, I didn't really have anyone to talk to about it. But I was in need of some advice and I couldn't call on Lamont because he was busy helping his daughter with something she was going through and I didn't want to pile my junk on top of hers.

    Instead, I just went to ABC and grabbed every bottle of wine that I assumed that I could drink and went back home to bury myself into my Netflix and a few bottles of Moscato d'Asti.

    I'd just started Temptations when I heard a knock at the door. Part of me wished that it was Chris on the other end of the door, but I knew that this was reality and not a fairytale. Things like that only happened in movies.

    Getting up with my bottle in my hand, I walked over to the door and stood on my tip-toes to look through the peephole.

    It was my cousin, Deon.

    I'd forgotten that she was supposed to come over here to use my laptop so that she could apply for some jobs. I guess things weren't working at where she was working at. Wherever that was. Deon's had so many jobs, it's hard for me to keep up with them.

    Opening the door for her, she walked in and looked me up and down with a shocked expression on her face. I closed the door and walked over to the coffee table and grabbed the laptop for her to use and handed it to her. She took it and watched me as I sat down and put my attention back onto my movie.

    Normally, I'd be smiling and welcoming, but I was just in a funk this morning. It was just hard to get over the fact that I was being ignored by Chris. I just wanted to hear from him so that I could try and explain myself. I needed him.

    "What in the hell is wrong with you?" Deon asked me.

    "Deon, don't worry about it." I say, not willing to get into it with her.

    Growing up, me and Deon were real close. We were like best friends, but as we got older and grew up, Deon went onto stealing and messing around with drug dealers and I just wasn't on that. I love her and all, but her choices kind of pushed me away. I didn't think I was any better than Deon, it's just that, I didn't want to get mixed up in what she had going on.

    "Girl, I haven't seen you with a wine bottle in your hand since the first time you found out that Raymond was cheating on you. It's just weird seeing you with a bottle in your hand." Deon said to me as she pulled up the top on my HP laptop. "I've just assumed since you've supposedly handed your life over to God, you left that alone."

    "Ain't nothing wrong with drinking wine." I say to her.

    "Yea, you right." She said to me before I heard her typing away on the laptop. I knew right then that she'd just dropped the subject and wasn't going to go on any longer about it. But it was bothering me not to talk to someone about what I was going through. "But whatever you going through, I'm going to need for you to get it together. You don't look right with a wine bottle." Deon shook her head with a giggle.

    "Whatever, Deon." I say, rolling my eyes and twisting the cap to my wine bottle and taking huge sips. Deon stopped what she was doing to watch me, shaking her head. "So, what did you do to get fired this time? Stole something?" I asked, sarcastically to get the heat off of me.