.21.

:::BRUCE:::

"What do she mean, the baby ain't even yours? We had a test done."

Chris said to me as we sat up in Steam Boats taking shots to the head. I swear, after dealing with Keira, I needed more than just a shot. My fake ID was starting to come in handy and it didn't seem like a waste of money to have it right about now. Shot out to my nerd, Joey Schindler, from junior year.

Shit was starting to get kinda hectic and it was slowly causing a strain on my marriage. I needed shit to just stop, like for real. Keira needed to quit playing games with me and stop being childish. Why couldn't she just accept the fact that what we had was over and done?

"You think she faked the DNA results?" Chris asked me.

"Man, Keira ain't crazy enough to do something like that." I shake my head and take a swig of my Henny. "Hell, what the fuck? She is that crazy." I say after a quick thought. Chris laughed a bit.

"You think you need to take another DNA test?"

"Nah, man. I mean, there's no doubt that Yasmin is mine. She got the features and it's obvious she's my baby. I'd be a fool to want another test. And I mean, even if Keira was crazy enough to fabricate the results, I honestly wouldn't wanna know. I mean, she don put me through so much shit since she had Yasmin. I don't want to know if my time was wasted."

I don't think I can take it if it were true that Keira falsified some DNA results all because she's still in love with me. So, no...I wouldn't want to know. She's putting Tereny through so much shit, and she's even making it harder on me. If all of this shit is for nothing, I don't want to know. Fuck that.

"You need me to talk with her?" Chris asked me.

"Man, do what you feel. I'm desperate to get her to understand that we can't be what we used to. I got nothing but love for her. But that being in love shit was for high school. I'm over it. I just wish she could get over it, too."

"Can I get another shot?" Chris asked the bartender.

"Damn, bruh. You need to slow down off them shots." I laugh.

"Man, I need these damn shots. You just don't understand how crazy my week has been. I need to do some alcohol therapy, for real." She shook her head at me and then looked straight ahead at the bartender, loading her shot glass up.

"You want another round?" The bartender asked, brushing her brownish blonde hair behind her ears. Chris nodded. "Coming right up." She smiled.

"What the fuck going on with you?" I asked her, wondering what could be so bad for her that she had to be tossing those drinks back the way that she is. I was starting to worry about her.

"Man, you remember me telling you about the girl India that I hired?" I nodded, remembering. "Well, we've been chilling a lot, lately."

"Wait, what about Vanessa? You ain't fooling with her anymore?"

"Man, I had a talk with Gabby the weekend I visited and she was speaking some real shit about that little situation that went on before I went up there. Man, just seeing her like that, it broke me down. And the fact that she took up for this nigga after the fact that he'd literally beat her ass, it turned me off. She still loves that nigga and I know she does. I don't wanna get caught up in her mess. I rather she be over that nigga before she so-calls herself being with me. I'm just not up for that rebound shit." Chris spoke on.

"But, yea man...me and India have been hanging out hard. It's to the point where it's starting to get sexual, bro. And I hate when shit gets sexual between me and a female because you know my situation." I nodded, understanding. "And man, not having sex is starting to piss me off. I mean, I know that I need to let India know about my situation, but she's never asked me. And she seems to be cool with me just tonging her down. But shit! I'm horny. And I'm getting real tired of masturbating every night, man."