.18.

:::TERENY:::

Bruce had crept into the house around 12:31AM.

I wasn't worried about it, though. I was too busy sitting at the kitchen table, burying my sorrows into some Blue Bunny ice cream. The fact that I'd damn near chewed all of my nails off, it had me feeling miserable as I reached over my tub of ice cream to my bowl of pickles and mustard.

Bruce could see me sitting at the kitchen table so he came into the kitchen and leaned into me, giving me a kiss on the lips, despite the fact that I was chewing my food. He sat down next to me and rested his elbows onto the kitchen table and looked at my weird combination and then at me.

"You pregnant?" He asked me.

"No." I say to him, placing a pickle in my mouth and chewing it with my mouth open, being flat out disrespectful, but I didn't care.

"You sure, because that shit looks nasty as fuck right now." He said, looking disgusted as if he were about to vomit. I shook my head and placed the big spoon of ice cream into my mouth. "You need to take a test or something because that shit ain't normal. Chocolate fudge ice cream with pickles and mustard?" He shook his head and cringed in disgust.

Honestly, I was stress eating and I knew it. Ever since getting that phone call and hearing the short conversation between Bruce and Keira, it just had me thinking a bit. If Bruce wasn't so happy with me, then why was he leading me on? It was in the back of my mind and has been doing circles back there since I heard the silence on the other end of the phone.

"You should be in bed. Why you ain't in bed?" He asked me, smiling.

"How's your daughter?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"They were able to break the fever a little. They discharged her." He said to me, staring at me as I continued to eat while I gathered up the info he was telling me.

"Why didn't you call?" I asked.

"Keira had my phone earlier today to keep in touch with her mother. When she gave it back to me, it was dying and I went in the car to charge it. I was going to call you once it got on 10% but I ended up falling asleep. I'm sorry, baby." He said to me. I sighed and nodded, wanting to believe everything he was saying to me, despite the fact that he was unhappy with me.

"Oh." I say to him as I finished up my bowl of pickles and mustard.

"I'm about to go and shower, baby. I'm too damn exhausted. Plus, I told her that I was going to be there in the morning once I got up. You cool with that, right?" He asked me as I put my bowl into the sink of dishwater to rest overnight.

"She's your daughter. What kind of wife would I be if I didn't allow you your rights to see your child." I say as I put the tub of ice cream back into the freezer and walked out of the kitchen, leaving him sitting there.

I rushed upstairs to get into the bed, pulling the covers over me. After eating all of that ice cream and inhaling those pickles buried in mustard, I was fitting for the bed.

Bruce came into the bedroom, closing the door behind him and walked straight into the bathroom, starting his shower water. While he was in the bathroom, I remembered to cut the baby monitor on in our room. Britney was too damn silent in her bedroom, so I got up to go and check up on her to make sure she was still breathing. When I was satisfied with the fact that she was all laid out in her bed, asleep, breathing softly, I smiled and walked out of her bedroom and back into the bedroom I shared with Bruce and laid down.

It took Bruce about a good fifteen minutes in the shower before I saw him coming out of the bathroom uncovered. Watching the water falling from every inch of his body had turned me on. But I was supposed to be mad with him, so I just rolled over and looked straight at the wall.