.26.

:::KEIRA:::

"I'm packing my stuff and moving with my daddy!"

I screamed at my mom while Yasmin screamed in my arms, tears falling down both of our faces. Just hearing the mention of my father had sent my mom up a wall. She put her hands on her hips and stared me up and down, staring as if she was about ready to fight me.

"You know I'm getting real sick of you and your smart ass mouth, Keira! As much as I do for you, I don't get a simple thank you or I love you, mama. None of that! You'd think I'd be the one you look up to. What the fuck can Lamont do?!" She shouted as I stayed there in place, rocking Yasmin, trying to calm her down.

"You were never there!" I shouted.

"Bitch, you've got some nerve!" My mom screamed back at me as she walked over to the table near the sofa and picked up a vase and lunged it at me.

I picked up some speed and dodged the vase, hearing it shatter against the wall, causing for me to start getting freaked out at the fact that my mom had actually just tried to harm me. I rushed quickly up the stairs and into my bedroom, slamming the door shut and locking it, still trying to calm Yasmin down.

"YOU WANNA GO LIVE WITH YOUR PUNK ASS DADDY, THEN GO LIVE WITH YOUR PUNK ASS DADDY!" I heard my mom scream from downstairs.

Yasmin just wouldn't quit crying and I was minutes away from spazzing.

Grabbing Yasmin's pacifier from off of the bed, I placed it inside of her mouth to keep her quiet, but she wouldn't take it. I'd go downstairs and get her a bottle to eat, but I was too afraid that my mom was trying to kill me.

Moments like this, I wish I was already eighteen and able to make a life decision for myself when it comes to the courts. As bad as my dad would love to take me in, my mom wasn't having it. And as much as she told me to pack up my shit and go live with my daddy, she was only saying it because she knew that I was unable to. She made up a bunch of false accusations about my daddy to the police and because of that, he was unable to take me in. But he promised me he'd fight her back. And I try to remain cordial with my mom because I didn't want to be on bad terms with her due to the fact that I'm living under her roof.

Although me and my mom had a lot of differences, I tried so hard to keep her involved in me and her granddaughter's life. But she never showed the potential of being a lenient grandparent. She's not even a good mother, but I saw beyond that point in hopes of being loved by her.

My mom hasn't loved me since the day she'd given birth to me. Just like my dad said; the moment she'd laid her eyes on me, she knew that I was going to be just another setback in her life. She refused to take care of me and left everything on my dad to take care of my older brother and sister and me. And now, with everything he's done for her, she's making it harder on him because she's lonely and wants someone else in the house to push around and verbally abuse because that's what her mother had done to her.

She labeled my father a pedophile although he's so into church and praises God, daily. I mean, there's church-going pedophiles, but my father isn't one of them. He's a caring and loving man. He'd give you the shirt off of his back if need-be. He didn't care about feeding a homeless man on a street corner or even helping out an abused mother with children in the middle of the night to make sure they had a safe place to stay for the night. My dad spent time feeding the homeless every Friday morning and night, and even read his bible often. He refused to listen to any other genre of music but gospel. The Almighty God is his leader. And even though my mom is going around calling him every name but the child of God, he still prays for her. And I know that he often prays that one day she gets her life together and we could all be together again. But, in reality, I knew that would always be impossible. My mom is just impossible.