Chapter Two

With the small duffle bag slung over his shoulder, Joey opens the door to the hotel and Daniel carries me inside, almost asleep.

It's nearly two a.m., and we just got finished with paperwork and housechecks.

"So tired" I mumble to Daniel, rubbing my eyes.

"I know, sweetie. We're getting you to bed" He leads me into another part of the hotel room, carefully lying me down on the double bed.

"You get some rest now, yeah? Tomorrow we leave for Los Angeles. Sorry, we're not giving you much time to adjust" Joey says, setting down my duffle in the corner and returning behind Daniel.

"That's alright. I'm not going anywhere. Thank you guys" I smile appreciatively before letting out a yawn. I reach up, giving Joey and Daniel hugs before they kill the lights and step out.

I snuggle into my warm comforters, slowly drifting off into a deep sleep.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

"Cassie... c'mon you gotta get up. Breakfast is ready" Daniel says, bending down to my level and peeling open one of my eyes, smiling.

"I'm so tired" I mumble before crawling down beneath the covers.

"Fine" He rises to his feet. "Joey! Cassie is staying here!"

"Wait!" I yell, throwing the blanket off. "I'm up! I'm up!"

"Well, let's hurry up then! Breakfast is getting cold and we have a plane to catch!" I run into the kitchen area and Joey turns around, hugging me quickly before tending to whatever is on the stove.

I sit at the breakfast bar next to Daniel, Joey sliding three plates of a gigantic egg and cheese omelette in front of us before joining us.

"You excited?" Daniel asks and I nod, mouth too full to answer.

"This is great, Joey. Thank you" I say after swallowing.

"Oh! You're welcome, Cassie!" He exclaims, looking somewhat pleased that I acknowledged this.

After I put my plate in the sink, I quickly throw on a gray beanie, gray joggers, an All Time Low t-shirt, a white sweatshirt, and a pair of black sneakers before proudly taking ahold of my duffle and heading out to Daniel.

"You ready?" He asks before laughing at the frantic Joey running around the hotel.

"Little nervous, to be honest" I shrug, looking down at my feet.

"Hey, you're gonna be alright"

The car ride there is filled with questions rushing through my mind. I squint my eyes shut and when I open them, I'm in Joey's arms and he is shifting around in my duffle with one hand.

I begin to freak out, but then realize Daniel's hand is supporting my back until Joey's returns.

"Why! Good morning!" He smiles down at me and I muster one up.

Within seconds I'm standing on the ground next to Joey, being forced to remove my shoes and sweatshirt, the boys doing the same.

"Just walk through...you're gonna be alright" Daniel whispers in my ear before giving me a small shove forward.

I sigh, stepping through and letting out the breath I never knew I was holding as it stays silent.

I gather my stuff, putting it back on.

"See?" Daniel says without a beep from the machine as he walks through. "You did good"

After Joey collects his things, he excitedly yells "Who's ready for L.A.!?!?" Earning many cheers in response.