Chapter Five

"Hey, Cassie. C'mon Cassie, wake up"

"Daniel" I groan. "Stop. I'm tirrrreedddd"

"Joey made breakfast. And there is someone we want to meet"

I sigh, climbing out of my comfy bed and walking with Daniel downstairs.

"Oh my God!" I yell, falling to my knees at the head of the husky. I believe Daniel initally said his name was Wolf.

The black and white dog attacks my face with licks.

"He's so cute" I say, smiling up at Daniel and Joey, who is now standing behind the tall figure, giggling as he wraps his arms around his waist.

I don't mind that they're gay, honestly. As long as they're happy and good parents, it's cool.

"Joey! Joey?" Someone's voice echos through the house, and I jump up, running into Daniel's arms as I shake.

His strong arms hold me into his stiff frame, Joey walking towards the entry hall.

"Calm down, sweetie" Daniel says quietly.

Joey walks into the room with a redhead man and I back up against a wall, dragging Daniel with me.

"Cassie? Can you come here?" I uneasily walk towards Joey, turning around every so often to make sure Daniel's there before I'm secured into his arms.

"This is Shane, he's gonna be here for a while today. Gonna eat with us and then we're gonna film some. Maybe introduce you, alright?" Joey asks, running his hand up and down my arm as he cocks his head to the side in order to look properly at me.

I glare up at Shane, who smiles at me before bending down to my level.

"Hey, Cassie. I'm Shane. It's nice to meet you" He says, quietly and carefully.

"Hi" I reply.

"See? He's alright" Joey says, carefully letting go of me to tend to the food.

"You're a Youtuber, too?" I ask Shane, looking up at him.

"Yep! Joey and I do a lot of videos together" He explains to me and I nod.

"You guys gonna come eat or is my French Toast masterpiece gonna go to waste!?!?" Joey calls from the kitchen.

All of us walk in together, sliding into a chair and digging into the French Toast, bacon, and sausage laid out in front of us.