Chapter Nine

I wake up to the light shaking of my shoulder and the whisper of my name. I slowly open my eyes, meeting Daniel's face. "Hey, baby girl" He says softly, stroking my cheek gently. "How you doing?"

"Okay" I groan. "Where's Amber? Is she out of surgery?"

"Why do you think I'm waking you up at three in the morning, sweetheart? C'mon, let's go"

I reach my arms out, yawning once more as Daniel takes my exhausted body into his arms, my wrists locking around his neck and dropping my head onto his shoulder.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Daniel confirms quietly as Joey is still curled up in a ball sleeping on his bed.

"Yea" I tell him. "She needs me now" He sighs, walking down the corridor before passing the nurse.

"Mr. Preda?" She calls. "Would you like a wheelchair?"

"It's okay..." He starts, turning back slightly, "I got her".

We reach Amber's room and I smile as her favorite song, our song: I Miss You by: Blink-182 plays.

"Cassie?" She asks and I still cannot see her as I'm in Daniel's arms.

"Let me down" I beg Daniel and he sighs.

"Don't get up" Then, I'm sat in Amber's bedside chair, smiling up at her as she smiles down at me.

"Hey Chicka" She says, voice wrecked. Her eyes settle on Daniel before fear captivates them.

"Hey, did you hear Joey earlier? When you were out?" She nods. "This is his boyfriend, Daniel"

"Hi" She whispers out before breaking into a fit of coughs. "Do me a favor, Cassie?"

"Anything..."

"Go home" She states, sighing. "Please, I'm going home in the morning and you look awful. Go back to L.A., get some rest. Here, take my number" After a fight, I retreat, and after one last big hug, I walk away with Daniel.

"Joey" He coos, shaking Joey's shoulder similar to what he did with me. "Wake up Joey"

"Hmmm?" He groans.

"Hey" He whispers, planting a careful kiss to his cheek. "We're going home" Joey groans. "C'mon baby"

Daniel picks Joey up and holds him in his arms. "Are you just gonna stay like this?" Joey hums in agreement. "Alright, sweetie. Let's go Cassie" I grab my bag and follow them down the stairs, out the door, and into a cab.