Chapter Eighteen

"Where's Daniel?" I ask Joey as I return from my search of the hotel room.

"Don't ask..." Joey mumbles and my breath gets caught in my throat. Are they fighting again? "He's in the hall"

I back up against the door in sudden fear and my heart leaps.

"No, no, Cass. Nothing's wrong. We're not fighting. He's in the hall dancing to Ariana Grande...at eleven at night" I giggle and Joey grabs his 'vlogging camera', saying a little intro before opening the door.

I can't help but burst into laughter to what is in front of me.

Daniel is dancing, in the hotel hallway, wearing heels, music playing out of his phone.

He continues once he sees us...

I'm dying of laughter.

"What are you doing?" Joey asks, keeping the camera aimed at Daniel.

"What?" Daniel asks then turns around before facing us once again.

"We're going to get kicked out" Joey says to which Daniel scoffs.

"Get inside!" After a while, Joey scowls then turns off his vlogging camera and pulls Daniel inside.

"You're no fun" Daniel says, taking off his heels.

"I personally think that was hilarious" I vow, to which Daniel gestures his hands at me.

"See?" He says, flailing his arms.

Joey laughs.

"I'm gonna go to bed" I mumble after a while longer of Joey and Daniel play-arguing about the hall.

Each of them sigh and wish me a peaceful sleep as I hug them before heading to ny attached bedroom.

Though I might of had a fun time last night, I wake up now feeling like shit.

My head hurts and I have a dry cough, along with my stomach feeling, just...wrong.

"Cass- Oh my gosh!" Joey's mood quickly changes and I groan before rolling my head to the side.

"Don't feel good" I mumble as he places hand to the back of my head.

"You're warm" He states bluntly and I moan out at the immense pain in my head. "Close your eyes, darling," Joey says before tucking the covers around me "I'm going to get Daniel"

I nod my head, instantly regretting it and groaning.

And then suddenly, a loud crash and Joey's screams echo through the hotel.

Instantly feeling one million times better, I hop out of bed and run to the main room, where Daniel is lying on the floor wailing in pain with Joey next to him.

"Go get help, Cass! Go to the front desk now!" Joey has tears in his eyes as he barks orders at me.

I dare to flinch only once before unlocking the door and running down the three flights of stairs, figuring an elevator will take too long.

Once I reach the lobby, I run up to the front desk frantically.

"I need help!" I cry out to the man, my tears finally coming out. "Daniel...collapsed!"

Oh God, no.

Stay down panic attack, stay down.

"Woah, what's wrong?" The man asks, reaching out to me but my instinct makes me back off.

"Room 44...help!"

The man calls an ambulance before telling me to go back to the room and make sure Daniel is okay.

I take the elevator this time and run down the hall.

"They're coming" I say to which Joey nods, still cooing to Daniel.

"Here that?" He mumbles to Daniel softly. "They're coming"

Daniel lifts the lower part of his head as a gesture and Joey looks at me.

"I don't mind" I tell him and Joey nods before lowering down to Daniel and putting a kiss to his lips.

I smile. Even when Daniel's in this much pain, I can see him somehow relax into the kiss, as if Joey is taking away all his pain.

Just then, the moment is broken by the knock on the door.

I run to the main hall and let the EMTs, holding my breath to prevent a panic attack as the run to Daniel's aid.

Joey moves away and comes to my side, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and rubbing his warm hand up and down my cold bare skin.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask Joey as I stare at the groaning Daniel that's currently having an oxygen mask adjusted over his face, an IV slipped into his hand, and a splint on his left shoulder.

"Yeah," Joey says. "Yeah, he'll be just fine"

Daniel is moved onto the stretcher. He reaches out towards us and I stay back, unsure what to do.

"Cass" He manages.

I quickly pop up and walk forward to Daniel's side.

"I promise I'm gonna be okay. Just stay with Joey, okay?" I nod and Daniel smiles before he's gone.

"Let's go, Cassie" Joey sighs.

But I'm facing away from him, trying to be cool.

I have tear-filled eyes, a panicked mind, and a panic attack approaching.

Sharp, uneven gasps of breaths leave my lips in staggers and I panic more, my throat closing in on my air.

"Oh no! No no no, Cassie" Joey says, grabbing my shoulders and laying me down on the carpet.

"Can't" I whimper and Joey sighs.

"Try for me, try for Daniel" Daniel. Oh shit, Daniel. "No, Cass...he said he'd be alright. He told you himself he'd be okay"

But I'm exhausted.

The darkness is too tempting.

It's beckoning me to come down to them, to drift off to sleep.

Too tempting.

Oh, so tempting.

"Sorry" I whisper.

I can't hold on any longer.

I can't keep up this fight.

This fight is so hard to lose.

I'm losing.

The darkness is such a tempting place.

And soon, I'm losing this fight, and the darkness is captivating me.

And as in the name, it's as dark as pitch.