Chapter Fourteen

I walk into the house and signal Shane off once I see they're home.

"Hey, Cassie. Come sit please" Joey says as Daniel just stays on the opposite couch, playing with his hands and not making eye contact.

I sit on the couch next to Joey and coward into his side.

"Cass" Daniel's quiet and broken voice starts as he looks up and places his plams flat on the couch next to him. "Don't inturept, please. Just listen. Just let me talk" I nod. "Okay...Cassie, I don't expect you to forgive me. But please just hear me out. Last night, you know what happened. Joey's head got cut because I threw the vase, it broke, and when it hit the wall a shard cut him. Joey this is going out to you, too. When I saw I hurt him, I wanted nothing more than to help him. To take him into my arms and take away all the pain I caused. As for his ankle, I didn't know about that. He said he'd hurt it running into the bedroom. That's exactly the reason I couldn't help him. He ran away to quickly. This is gonna sound really bad on my part...no, Cassie, I did not forget about you. You're such a big part of my life now...I could never! But in the moment, I got so freaking wrapped up that I wasn't thinking! I knew you were here, of course I did. God, I was such an idiot! I don't know why I was telling myself that you couldn't hear us...I don't know. This sounds really bad, makes me sound like a bad parent. And I'm sorry if I am, Cassie. I'm sorry if this isn't enough for you. Just know that I love you so much, and I would never ever even think about hurting you"

"Daniel" I whimper, running towards him into his arms and hugging him tight.

"I forgive you. All that last night was just my past all over again. I thought you were gonna hurt me just like you did Joey. I'm sorry. I love you, too"

I squeeze him back before turning to Joey.

"And same to you. I love you" I hug Joey tightly.

"Can you go pack for me Cassie? We leave for New York in the morning" Joey says and I nod before skipping off upstairs.

(A/N: I'll be skipping over New Mexico because I don't know alot that happened. Straight to New York)