Chapter Twenty Two

Joey enthusiastically runs into the airport, dropping to the ground in the middle of the hallway and lying flat on his stomach.

Daniel rolls his eyes and continues to walk with me down the Los Angeles airport.

"Is he crazy?" I ask Daniel.

"Yeah, he's lost it alright" Daniel sighs before throwing Joey over his shoulder and walking through the airport.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I hold a hand over my mouth, giggling uncontrollably, yet trying to be quiet. I can hear everything; in the room just across the hall, Joey and Daniel are having a fun, fun time.

"Fuck!" Joey cries out and I roll over, repulling my slippers on and off again and again.

Strings of moans from all the way across the hall make it past my closed door.

"Don't picture it, Cassie" I mumble to myself, staring out my window and wiping that thought right away.

Los Angeles is pitch black now, and it's maybe three or four in the morning.

How I'm awake right now is crazy, how do they even have the energy to do this right now? Blows my mind.

I groan as the noises get louder, eventually pulling the headphones over my ears and setting my volume as high as it will go to Wolves by: One Direction.

Waking up in the morning, I immediately note the brightness. It's 10 a.m., they better be up.

I pull the silent headphones off my ears and walk downstairs, where Joey sits cuddled into Daniel's side. Daniel smiles up at me, and Joey lifts his head from Daniel's shoulder shortly after, shooting me a smile.

"Piece of advice" I say and they both stare at me with furrowed eyebrows, Joey hooking an arm around Daniel's shoulder. "Try to be quiter, or at least give me a piece of advice so I can play the loudest music possible through my headphones" Joey's cheeks flush a dark shade of red and he groans, digging his face into Daniel's neck. Daniel then runs his hand through Joey's hair and whispers something to him I can't make out. "Another tip, don't go out or wear a high collared shirt, I see the bruises on both you guys' skin"

I then skip into the kitchen and grab the premade pancakes I know Daniel prepared. They're shaped like Mickey Mouse. I sit on the barstool, then feel like pressing, teasing, and making Joey more embarrassed.

"Where do babies come from?" I ask and Daniel gives me a smart ass look as Joey's head snaps up.

"Us...end of discussion" He says before dropping his head once more.

"How were you even up at four am?"

"Daniel....now eat, please" For some reason I flinch at Joey's harshness, knowing it's all my fault.

"I'm sorry" I whisper, biting down harshly on my bottom lip and closing my eyes as tears form behind them.

And within miliseconds, Daniel's left Joey and is leading me out the door onto the porch.

As soon as the door is shut, I fling myself into Daniel's arms and let out a loud sob.

"What's going on?" I hear Shane's voice just after a car door closes, and he runs over, crouching down next to the two of us.

"Joey...I'll tell you later" Daniel says before kissing the top of my head, continuing to cradle me in his arms.

"I'm sorry" I whisper to Daniel and he sighs. Shane reaches over and dries my tears, and I don't flinch...I feel comfortable around someone other than Joey and Daniel right now.

"Sweetie, it's okay. You're just gonna go with Shane for the day...have a little break from all this. Everything is gonna be okay" Daniel says and I reach up farther, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you...even though I get scared sometimes, I will always love you. Tell Joey I'm sorry for pushing it that far. I didn't mean it"

"I love you, too, sweetie. It's okay. I'll tell Joey. Have fun with Shane" And then, before I can process anything, I'm in Shane's passenger seat.

"I want to thank you before we go...I feel safe around you" I say, picking off my newly painted red nails, a habit I have yet to break.

"I'm honored Cassie...I'm glad you feel like that. This being said, the first stop on Shassie's Super Fun Adventure is....MCDONALD'S!" I swear Shane's tone changes three times.

"Did you really come up with a ship name just for this?"

"Of course. Let's go!"