Chapter Eleven

I cuddle on the couch with Joey when he returns, me lying slightly on top of him, his arms around my waist. Taller than me, I'm nearly half way down his body, but I don't mind. This is the first intimate moment we've had.

Daniel is off in Beverly Hills, shopping, leaving the two of us alone.

We're watching Lost, which is apparently one of Joey's favorite shows.

"You know what?" Joey asks softly.

"Hmm?" I hum.

"You haven't been to the town yet. Wanna go?"

"What?" I mumble, dazed and zoned out.

"Do you want to go to the movies? Or somewhere else? Whatever you want"

"Can we just drive around? Ya know, until I see something?"

"Absolutely darlin'! Let's go!"

Joey collects his car keys and wraps his arm around my waist and walks us out before beginning to drive.

After about fifteen minutes of driving mindlessly through L.A., I let out a high-pitched cross between a wail and a squeak. Joey stops the car.

"Joey!" I beg. "Joey Joey Joey!"

"Yes darling? What do you want?"

"Can I dye my hair?" I ask.

"It's fine with me, but let's call Daniel now, yeah?" I nod and He dials the number.

I zone out once more, staring at the building across the street.

"Cass?" Joey asks, reaching over and nudging my arm. I look at him. "He'll be here in fifteen minutes, you can get it done!" I squeal and hop out of the car, crossing the street with Joey before sitting on the bench outside the shop.

(Magical time lapse of Laziness: 2 and a half hours)

"Oh my God" I marvel, taking my curly hair into my hand and looking into the mirror. "This is so frigging awesome".

My hair is bright green now and I love it. "Jesus, it's awesome"

Daniel and Joey also got their hair died: Joey silver and Daniel lilac.

"I love it! Thank you guys!"

"No problem Cass! We're glad you like it!" Daniel proudly exclaims as Joey pays the hairdresser.

"You guys ready to go home?" He asks walking back over to us.

"Yeah!" I call. "Let's go!"