Chapter Six

After my shower, I slip on an undershirt before my '99' striped sweater and a pair of black joggers. Quickly slapping on a beanie and Converses, I head downstairs, where Joey, Shane, and Daniel are getting ready to film.

"Alright, I got the camera, you two can tell them about Cassie" Shane says, standing behind the tripod.

Joey pats his knee and I sit on his lap, Daniel next to the two of us.

"You're gonna be alright" Joey says, rubbing my shoulder.

"You're gonna be great, Cassie" Daniel says reassuringly before Shane looks up.

His hand raises, counting down before starting the video.

I can't bother to listen to what Joey is saying, as awful as that sounds, but my panicked mind is clouded with questions.

My breathing hitches and I begin to panic, when suddenly everything falls dark, my body goes limp, and I faint, Joey quickly catching me.

I come to eventually, my head in a panicked Daniel's lap as Joey holds a cold washcloth to my forehead, Shane on the phone above us.

"Oh thank God!" Joey exclaims, quickly apologizing after I groan. "She's up"

"Hey sweetie, you just hang in there, alright? Shane's calling for help now" Daniel says, his hand squeezing my shoulder as he tries to calm me down.

After about fifteen minutes, an ambulance pulls up to the house and a gurney is rolled over to me.

"What happened?" One of the men ask, bending down next to me and grabbing my wrist, which I immediately try to pull back.

"I'm scared" I say, looking up at Daniel, tears brimming in my eyes.

"Hey, calm down Cassie, you're gonna be alright" Daniel says, turning to the two men supposed to be caring for me.

"Just calm down, I'm Andrew and if you need me to stop I will. Gabriel is just going to talk to Joey. Everything is gonna be alright" The medic says, taking my wrist and checking for a pulse again.

"You doing alright?" Joey asks , forcing the paramedic to stop questioning him to check on me.

I nod, smiling up at him.

"Alright, I'm just gonna help you onto the stretcher, okay?" Andrew says and I nod.

Daniel and Andrew help move me onto the gurney and Joey is quickly at my side.

"Are you doing alright?" Joey asks and I shrug.

This is all a bit terrifying. I passed out for no apparent reason and now I'm on a gurney about to be taken to the hospital.

"You're gonna be alright" He tells me. "I promise you that"

"Alright, we need one of you to ride with her to the hospital" Andrew says and I turn my head to my parents.

"Shane?" Joey asks. "Can you please drive me?"

"Yeah...absolutley. Let's go" Shane grabs his car keys and Joey turns to me.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Daniel's gonna come with you now. You just stay strong for me, alright" He says and I nod.

Joey takes off with Shane and Daniel joins me.

"Alright, you ready to go?" Andrew asks and I nod before looking back up at Daniel.

The arms of the gurney are pulled up and I'm taken into the back of the ambulance, which immediately starts moving towards the hospital.

Everything settles in once more as I take in my surroundings.

I'm really in the back of an ambulance, having patches attached to my chest. I'm really here with one of my new parents, who's had me for less than a week.

I finally look back from my hands to Daniel, shaking and sobbing.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" He asks and Andrew carefully watches the monitor.

"Oh my God" I mumble, bringing my head into my hands. "I'm so scared, Daniel. I'm sorry"

"No need to me sorry, sweetie. I know this is a bit overwhelming" Daniel coos, bringing my hands down from my face.

"We're here" Andrew says, pushing the doors open and I'm wheeled out, Daniel at my head.

A few doctors join the side of the gurney, pushing me into a room, where Daniel is stopped.

"What? No! No please! Daniel! Daniel!" I sob.

"Hey, calm down. He can't be in here when we're trying to treat you" A doctor says, running his hand through my hair.

"Can I talk to her, for just a second?" Daniel asks the nurse next to him and she lets him through. He bends over the side of the gurney at looks at me gently. "You're gonna be okay. I'll be right outside and Joey and I will be in here as soon as we can. Can you stay strong for me a little bit longer?" He asks.

I fly myself into his arms, sniffiling loudly.

Daniel's hands find my back after a while and lie me down on the bed before he has to leave.

I'm whisked away I to a room, sighing as I try to mentally prepare myself for this.