Chapter Twenty Seven

"What the hell did you do to your mouth?" Shane asks, walking over to the three of us that have now entered his house.

"I pierced it. What does it look like I did?" I press, and regret it for a second.

"Cocky, I see" Knew it... "I taught you well..."

I smirk up at him, wincing for a second before pulling my mouth down again.

"Did she do a good job?" Shane asks Daniel.

"Who Cass? Sobbed uncontrollably" Daniel teases and Joey laughs.

"Did not!" I scowl and all three laugh.

"No, she did a really good job" Joey compliments, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Glad to hear that"

"Tea!" I sprint to the kettle, glaring back at Shane with pleading eyes.

"Made just the way you like, drink all you like"

I quickly grab a mug from the cuppords after a while of searching before pouring my tea and adding a tad of the lined out milk and sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No you're not...Allison!" I squeal into the phone.

"I'm coming to L.A., Cassie. It's happening" She says and I can pratically hear her smile, which in return makes me smile.

"But- Miss Hope-"

"Bugged her till she gave in like always" Allison was moved to the detention wing after someone else's dirty deed was played on her.

"I can't believe this, Allison! When do you land?"

"Tomorrow at 10 at LAX...I'm gonna go bunk at Hannah Hart's, she offered" Allison's voice alone makes me smile.

"I'll text you okay, gonna see if I can room you here. I'll definitely be at the airport tomorrow"

"Okay...I have to go finish packing. I'll see you tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow" I end the call smiling, running to the door before regretting everything and going slower.

I walk downstairs to the living room, where Daniel and Joey sit together in the darkness.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" Daniel asks, shifting.

"Can we talk? All of us?"

"Sure Cass, what's up?" Joey contributes.

"Well, um" How do I tell them? I'm their daughter for God's sake. I'm a daughter they can send back at any time.

They won't judge you, Cassie. Remember what Daniel said.

"Well, um, I...have a girlfriend" I cover my mouth with my hand and drop my head in shame as soon as the words leave my mouth.

Joey pops up when he sees this, rushing to me and bending to my level.

"Cassie...what's wrong?" He asks gently.

"I'm gay Joey, that's what's wrong" I cry.

"Hey now, there's nothing wrong with being gay, Cassie. You can't help who you are" Joey comforts and I nod, sniffling. He leads me to the couch and dubs me on Daniel's lap.

"So, this girlfriend of yours" Daniel says, carefully carding a hand through my hair. "What's her name?"

"Allison" I smile at the mere thought of her and Joey lets out a generic "awwww".

"How'd you guys meet?"

"She's an orphan"

"How old is she?"

"Fifteen, almost sixteen"

"What does she look like?"

"Well, she's a little taller than me. Wavy brown hair...kinda aubrun. Hazel eyes. She has a nose piercing"

"What's she like? Is she good to you?"

"She's fantastic to me. She's kind, and loves animals! And she's funny and cheesy and makes really, really bad puns. And when I'm having a bad day...she would sneak over from the other wing to cheer me up. And when I had nightmares, the headmistress would have to drag her away from me. And she's a little daredevil. One time, she pranked the headmistress with whipped cream and a bucket, but nobody but me knew. And then another orphan pulled a prank and blamed it on her and she had to go to the detention wing. She's actually a really good kid. She watches you guys...and Shane...and Hannah...and Tyler. Just like, all the YouTubers ever!" I don't realize that with each word I speak about Allison, my smile grows wider.

"When does she land?"

"Two"

"Does she need somewhere to stay?"

"She was gonna stay at Hannah's, but I said I'd ask because you guys are closer to LAX"

"When does she land?"

"Ten a.m."

"Tell her we'll pick her up there. Get a good night sleep. We have a big day tomorrow" I hug the two boys tightly.

"Thanks" I whisper one final time before heading upstairs.

To Allison: We'll be there at 10. Tell Hannah you're with us. Have a safe flight. See you tomorrow. Xx