Dead Silent

We were arrested for the accusation of having drugs. Someone told the cops we had a ton of drugs in the same room we were shooting the video. So everyone was arrested.

Apparently they found bags of cocaine and marijuana under the couches and in the cushions. I was so pissed off. I knew I wasn't apart of this but August was..

I was in a cell with Aleeyah and Summer and one of the women from the camera crew. We were all mad. Except Summer. Who just looked guilty.

"Summer do you know who did this?" I asked clenching my fist but keeping a calm face.

"No..I just knew about the drugs." She said still not looking at me.

"And you know I'm not apart of this right?" I asked.

"Well August is. You are his girlfriend and his assistant. I figured everyone knew. Especially you."

"I'M NOT A FUCKING PART OF THIS SHIT OFFICER!!" I yelled at the officer who was monitoring us. He glanced at me and waved his hand in the air.

"Shut your mouth. Questioning is going down soon. Wait your turn." I scoffed and sat down. I was beyond angry. Goodbye August and goodbye New York. I have to move and start over. This place isn't right for me clearly.

"Let's go. Katherine." I stood up when the detective came to get me. I followed him to one of the rooms and we sat down. "What's your story?"

"August is my boyfriend. I was there doing a video shoot with him and during a break the police came in and arrested us. I never knew there were drugs there. I've never done drugs or sold them. Never. I'm fucking innocent." I explained knowing I was turning red.

"You had nothing to do with this at all?" He asked.

"No." He asked a thousand more questions and I was taken back to my cell to wait.. They came back hours later. 

"Katherine you'll be going to trial tomorrow afternoon. No bail. We're taking you to a different facility where you'll get a new change of clothes and your own room. Lavish life." She said sarcastically. I'm getting arrested for real this time.. I was driven to a new building along with Aleeyah who was just as mad as me. Where was Summer? 

I was put in a single cell after being searched. I was in an orange jumpsuit and the room was cold. The toilet was freezing and so was the bed. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I can't believe this happened. August is a deep down dog. Worse than that even if he told them I was apart of this. 

Morning

I was woken up by clanging on the bars of my cell. They took me out to a van after breakfast and I was driven to a courthouse. Inside a judge and other waited. I was first up for questioning. So I went up and swore on the bible that I wouldn't lie. Of course I had nothing to lie about. So I answered every single question truthfully and waited for them to let me go home. 

I waited and waited for the jury to make a decision. Finally they came back into the court room. 

"Speaker." The judge stated looking at the jury. 

"9 out of 10 consensus of guilty your honor." I looked at them all with wide eyes. Is this a joke? 

"You'll be serving 5 years. Early Let-Out on special conditions that will be taken up with your parole officer." She hit her gavel on the stand and I was handcuffed again and taken out to the van. It seemed unreal. I was going to jail for 5 whole years and I DIDN'T DO THE CRIME!! 

I heard that Aleeyah was convicted too and we were going to the same place. Again what about Summer? And August.. Oh well. Fuck both of them. I can't worry about them. I have to worry about myself going to jail for 5 fucking years. 

It took hours of driving to get to the prison. I was scared. But still angry. Furious even. We were taken in and searched yet again. We were given our essentials and shown to our rooms. I was in a room with two women I would never associate myself with.

But fuck it. I'm here for 5 years. I have to get along.

***

This is a short chapter but I have to end it here. Comment. Vote. Share. ❤