August in December

"So are you ever really going to confess? Or keep ignoring that question?" I asked August. I was sitting in his office with my arms resting on my knees and my eyes staring straight ahead at August. He sighed and sat up. 

"Alright Katherine. I did have the drugs and yes Summer was a part of it. Yes there was a cop on the investigation who knew all this and helped keep us out of prison. I'm sorry for putting you through 4 years of that but I'm not sorry that I got away with it. I don't feel bad. You were a ploy in my game. So deal with it and move on." He said pointing to the door. 

I shook my head and laughed. 

"Never thought the person that brought me up would bring me all the way down. Expect to see me tomorrow August. Christmas morning. I'll have a gift just for you and Summer." I said before walking out of his office. I introduced myself to all the employees which would have to happen someday. Then I drove home. 5 months and I still hadn't gotten the justice I deserved. 

I sat down on my couch and took my phone out of my pocket. I pressed play and listened to August confess. I recorded our whole conversation. I wanted to show him so bad but he most likely would have done something to destroy it. I ordered myself some Chinese food and invited my friend Jayceon over. Oddly that's a girl. 

She knocked on the door an hour later. Slow ass. I let her in and we chilled in the kitchen with our food. 

"So did you record what he said? I'm tired of seeing him at work acting all high and mighty. Got a new bitch in his office 5 times a day. Rarely see the same girl." 

"His hoe ass. Can't believe I actually dated him. But hell yeah I recorded him. I got him and Summer tomorrow. After they get taken away and I get my money, I'm taking over that business of his. He should've never underestimated me the way he did." I explained with a smile on my face. You could say I'm rude for this but not really. 

I was put in prison for 4 whole years of my life and he got away with the shit he did. 

"Aye I got some news though." She said looking at her nails. 

"Please don't be nothing bad. I'm too happy right now." I said frowning. 

"Well sorry to blow ya high but Summer and her 'goons' trying to find you. I mean I know you could probably take all 5 of them prissy little twigs but stay strapped kid." She informed. I laughed. 

"They can come to my front door. Bet they won't ever come again. Fuck them hoes and the ground they think their throne is on." I said shaking my head. If they come for me then I got them for the rest of their lives. I got friends and I got my ways. Let them try me. 

Christmas Morning

I woke up at 6am. I took a long ass shower and got dressed in all white. Thinking I was godly. I put on a white shirt with ripped sleeves, a pair of white jeans, low top air forces, and a white hat. I kept my hair to the back in a tight bun and grabbed all the stuff I needed today putting it into my purse. 

I drove to the police station and arrived there at 9. I walked in and up to the desk. 

"Can I help you?" An officer asked. 

"I was arrested for 4 years for a crime I didn't commit and I have proof of who did it. Who do I speak to about that?" She looked at me for a good 20 seconds before calling a guy in a suit to the front. He took me to his office and we talked. I told him my story and what happened with August. I told him exactly how it all happened and sent the recording to his phone. 

He listened to it himself and nodded his head. 

"Do you know where August and Summer are right now?" He asked.

"August is at his office and Summer is probably at her apartment." I gave him both addresses and he made some calls. 

"Alright so I'm gonna tell you how this'll work. Both of them will be arrested as soon as we find them. In a few days you all will go to court. You can get your own attorney or take a court appointed one. After the trial, you'll either get your settlement money and an apology or nothing at all. I just dispatched officers to arrest them both. Here's my number. I'll let you know when the trial is. Good luck Katherine." I smiled and stood up shaking hands with him. 

"Thank you so much for your time." I left and went home to relish in my accomplishment. No one knows how happy I am right now. I'll be happier when I'm redesigning his office and claiming what should now be mine. 

I called Jayceon and told her about what happened. Then I invited her over to get her gifts. I also invited my other friends over that were in jail with me. They all got out months back. When they all got here I gave them their presents and got the alcohol from the freezer. Yeah it was just about noon but it wasn't too early to celebrate. I turned on some loud ass music and we had our own little Christmas turn up.

I can't wait to see August and Summer get arrested for real. That'll be my Christmas present. 

A/N: There will only be about 2 or 3 more chapters left to the book. Sorry this one is short I wrote it at work. Enjoy and don't comment dumb shit. I write what I write for a reason.