Not My Boss

4 Years Later

"I get out for early release today. I'm gonna miss you guys." I said sitting on the edge of my bed. I was a new person now. I got my hair cut short to my shoulders.

I stayed with a group of women who worked out and played basketball everyday so now I had muscles and abs. I also got a tattoo on my back from an ex tattoo artist who got creative with a needle and ink.

August was just a guy from my past. Aleeyah was still in custody. She was a fighter and almost killed a girl. So she still has an extra year at this hell hole.

"Yo you really boutta be outta here huh?" Jamie asked. I nodded shrugging my shoulders.

"I don't even got nowhere to live. No job. $70. I have no idea where my shit is. I'm 25 now and have to start all over. I was doing good." I said putting my hair in a short ponytail.

"KK. Let's go!" The officer yelled from the end of the hallway. I hugged Jamie and left. They gave me some new clothes to wear and I walked out. It was hot as hell.

I walked to a bus stop 5 miles away. It took an hour and a half to get there. I barely remembered what atreet I lived on. But I took the bus back to my city and found my old condo a few hours later.

I knocked on the door and do you want to know who answered? Fucking Summer. She looked at me weirdly.

"Hi can I help you?" She asked. I scoffed. She really didn't know who I was.

"Yes you can help me. Tell me where the fuck my shit is before I cut your fucking throat. I don't know how you and August got off for what you did but I don't care about that. It's me. Katherine. And I need my clothes." I said pushing my way in.

I gave her a moment of realization and she suddenly looked scared.

"Uh I kind of burned them all." She said backing away from me. It took 5 seconds for me to get dumb angry and grab her by her hair. I slammed her on the ground and started to beat her ass.

Fists only.

When I was done she was crying. I was so mad I didn't realize I could do so much damage. I went to her room and found her wallet. I took the thousand dollars out of there and walked back out.

"I'm gonna need more money." I said kneeling down next to her crumpled figure.

"In the closet." She mumbled out while crying more. I went back to the closet and found two boxes of money. She must be a damn stripper. I took a whole box and taped it up so no one was suspicious.

I wanted to find some food but that would just be petty. So I took my money and left. I took the bus to the building I used to work in.

I went in and took the elevator to the floor August works on. I went to his office. It was the same office. Same layout. New assistant. I walked in and sat down in a chair. August looked at me and it took a minute for him to recognize me.

"J go wait at your desk. Close the door behind you." His new bitch left and I crossed my arms looking dead in his eyes.

"I don't want to hear a word you have to say. I'm out now and I don't have a house. I need $700,000 for a brand new house that's all my own. So get ya check book and write it up." I said as calmly as I could. I wanted to kill this man.

He got out his check book and wrote a check for the exact amount I wanted. He handed it to me and I got up leaving without another word.

I went right to a realtor's office. It took 20 minutes to get there by bus. I went inside and waited. I waited for hours before a realtor finally called me to her office.

"So what can I help you find today?" She asked.

"I need a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. Master bathroom included. Nice big closets. A finished basement. Two story. Big ass kitchen and a place where I can put workout equipment." I explained. "It doesn't need to be close by."

"That should be pretty easy. Move-in ready?" She asked. I nodded.

"Alright I know a few locations that would be perfect for you."

She showed me all three houses. I chose the perfect one. It took two days to get my check cashed and pay for the house in cash. I moved in with no clothes and a lot of money.

I put all my money in my room closet and looked in the mirror. I was wearing the same clothes I got from jail. I took my bank card and went downstairs. Then someone knocked on the door.

I went to open it and was surprised to see Davion standing there.

"You got some nerve." I said crossing my arms.

"Damn baby you look good. Can I come in?" He asked biting his lip.

"Get the fuck off my doorstep." I put my hand behind my back just in case he tried to come in. He did exactly that. He walked in so I tripped him and pulled out my gun. I got down to his level and put the gun at his head. A look of realization and terror came over his face.

"What is that?" He asked not moving.

"I told you to leave. You done raped me. Beat me every single day. Took advantage of every ounce of kindness I ever had. I'm done hosting my own damn pity party. Now either you leave my house and never come back or I shoot ya brains out. Choose one. You got 3 fucking seconds." He got up and ran away from my house like I was already shooting at him.

I laughed and put my gun away. Then I left and took the bus to a car dealership. Can't keep taking the bus everywhere. I'm going to get my shit together and August is gonna pay for what he did. Summer too. I'm not done with neither one of them.