Shit

"Okay this is obviously uncomfortable for the both of you so Katherine you can go change into the outfit I have laying on my bed. August I'll have you look through the pictures when we're done"

"Alright" August stated. I stood up and walked upstairs feeling exposed. The outfit on the bed was a pair of white skinny jeans, a black sports bra and a black and white Nike baseball cap.

I put it on then looked at the black stilettos on the floor. Does she really want me to wear some 6 inch stripper heels?

"Imani do I really have to wear these shoes?!"

"Yes! You're so short, you need them!"

"Alright. I'm not that short though"

"Okay miss 5' 2"

I slipped my feet into the shoes and made my way back downstairs.

"Alright"

5 Hours Later

We finally finished taking pictures at 1am. I was so tired. How are they both still awake.

"You can go to sleep hun. August and I are going to look over these pictures. You can sleep in the guest room across from August's"

"Okay" I rubbed my tired eyes then went back to her room to get my clothes. I took it all to the guest room and sat down. I really didn't feel like changing so I just put my hair up in a ponytail and brushed my teeth.

I laid down falling asleep pretty fast.

Morning

I didn't really know how the day would go with me being here in the morning but I woke up pretty early but I was still extra exhausted.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in a black dress that Imani bought yesterday. It's kind of appropriate for work. I put it on with a pair of black flats. I combed my hair then did light makeup.

I knew that no one was awake so I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and left. I seen Davion on his porch and he looked at me confused. I was walking fast but he still managed to catch me.

"What you doing over here? At that nigga's house?" I avoided looking at the hard grip he had on my jacket.

"I was with his cousin. I'm a model now and she was helping me with poses" I explained kind of quiet.

He laughed loudly while pulling me to his front door. Before he opened it he looked in my eyes and said "you'll never be pretty enough to model" He opened the door and pushed me in so hard that I fell to the floor.

He stood over me throwing punches at my face in all different places. My nose cracked and blood filled my nostrils.

I screamed for him to stop and he did. Only to start kicking me in my sides. I wasn't even screaming anymore. The more I screamed, the harder he hit me.

When he stopped all I heard was my cracked breaths and his pants. He pulled me up by my arm and threw me outside. I literally fell off the porch to the pavement.

I heard him slam the door and nothing else. My eyesight got blurry and I was gone minutes later.

______________

I woke up hearing the beeping of a monitor and whispers. I slowly opened my eyes looking around. I seen Imani sitting in a chair with her phone to her ear.

"Please just move the shoot to next Saturday. She'll be recovered by then. Let me send you the photos from her mock and you can make your decision from them.....alright. Thank you so much" She hung up then stood up sighing.

"I'm sorry"

"Katherine! You're awake. Don't be sorry honey. What happened to you?! I found you on the sidewalk beaten so bad......it was horrible"

"My uh my ex boyfriend did this. He seen me leaving your house and assumed I was there with Mr.Alsina"

"Your ex boyfriend?! Ugh! Look I have to go somewhere right quick with August. Will you be fine in here by yourself?"

"Yeah"

"Okay. I'll be back soon" She left looking determined. I looked to my side seeing flowers and candy. I grabbed the candy and ate it all even though my throat hurt. Since I was all alone I took this as an opportunity to practice my rapping.

"Why you bitches so pressed for? Open up the gate all I do is press four. Got you pissed off balling up your fists for. Don't make me pull out my pistol. Uh. T Dot the seaside my bitches official. Get rich or take it cause that is the ritual. This bitch was talking I had to turn visual. Ion like to lose its bad habits. All my bitches loyal and true and all fashion. My niggas holding the juice they all strapping. Sleeping on me, hating me, cool I'm straight gassing. Everything I'm in is luxury, them otha hoes know they can't fuck with me. Bitch look me in the face when you stunt on me haha-" I stopped when I heard commotion on the other side of the door.

Mr.Alsina walked in and avoided looking at me as he walked over to sit down.

"How you feeling?" He asked looking at the floor.

"Not that good. But better"

"Good. Tell me about him" He said with such a hard and stern voice that I thought if I didn't tell him I would get fired.

"My ex? His name is Davion. He lives across the street from you. We were together for a few years. He's always been abusive but now it's out of control"

"Why'd you stay with him?"

"I had nowhere else to go." Now his eyes shot to mines looking deep into my soul it felt like.

"No family?"

"No. My cousins and friends live in Lao. My mom lives in Korea. My dad is..... Yeah no family"

"I got you covered"

"Oh no Mr.-"

"You can call me August"

"Uh August there's no need for that. I'm fine where I am now"

"Where are you now? Your landlord said she kicked you out a week ago"

"......."

"Where you been living?" He asked again.

"The street. The bus. Once at Davion's."

"Why didn't you tell me? I don't like employees or women that don't deserve it living on the street"

"My mom and dad always taught me not to ask for anything or talk about my problems to people who don't want to hear it-"

"But the problem is that I do want to hear it" The nurse walked in silencing both of us. She asked me some questions and checked some stuff then left.

"I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry. You have no reason to be sorry. When you get better I'll take you to your new place and we'll move you in. Then we'll launch that rapping career" He walked out leaving me dumbfounded.

He heard me! Shit.

________

Song was Pressed by Tyga ft. honey cocaine. Honey's part.