This is Awkward.

All the money from my wallet was gone but all my information was still there. I found my purse on the bus under the seat. I've been riding the bus all day. It was midnight when the driver made me get off.

He let me off at a street close to my apartment. I walked there and walked in. All of my stuff was gone. I threw my bag to the floor defeated. I dropped to the carpet and fell asleep.

Monday Morning

Sunday was torture. I was put on the street by my landlord. I haven't eaten anything. I haven't taken a shower in two days. My phone rang with Davion's name across the screen. I declined it then went into the building. I took the elevator to my floor and went to the bathroom. I got here earlier than anyone else so I could freshen up without anyone knowing.

I changed into my tight black slacks, my black button up, a purple blazer, and black heels. I put my dirty hair up in a bun and put on some fake jewelry that I bought off the street.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face in the sink. I made sure I put on perfume then I walked to my desk. My desk is in front of Mr.Alsina's office so I put my bags underneath it and went to the break room.

I made us both coffee and grabbed a donut for him. I took the coffee and donut to his desk and sat at mine with the coffee. He was the first one to walk in.

"Good morning Katherine. That's all you're having for breakfast?"

"Oh yeah I'm never that hungry"

"Okay. Are you okay though? You look pretty tired"

"I'm fine. Late night"

"How about you come in my office so we can have a little heart to heart" I got up and walked into his office sitting down slowly.

"How far away do you live?" He asked.

"About an hour"

"What?! That's way too far"

"Oh no it's really not much of a problem"

"You must have to wake up at 5am to get here so early" He said ignoring what I said. "We're gonna have to fix that as soon as possible. Did you move here from somewhere else?"

"Actually I moved here from Korea 12 years ago"

"With who?"

"My foster parents"

"Okay. I'll work on moving you closer later today"

"Wait I don't-"

His phone rang so I cut myself off and left his office. Imani seen me from across the room and ran over.

"Hey girl. August wants you to work with me today so come with me. We have to go to a meeting about the cover of our October issue"

"Oh um alright" We ran to the car they had waiting for us and the driver took us to another building down the street.

We walked into the meeting a little late which was overwhelming because everyone looked at us.

"Her! She's perfect" A woman pointed at me stopping me in my tracks.

"Her?! She's not even a celebrity!"

"We could make her one" Imani smiled at me and I was just shocked.

"Uh no I don't really think that could happen"

"Imani bring her to my office after this meeting"

"Okay"

1 Hour Later

The meeting ended and Imani took me to the lady's office. I really didn't want to go talk about modeling but whatever chance I have to get a job I'll take.