two

Autumn's POV-

"Autumn? How are you feeling baby?"

I roll over and promptly throw up into the garbage can. I'm not really sick of course, but I'd do anything to not go to school today. Which is why I mastered the art of gagging myself to throw up.

"Not very good mom." I reply, clutching my stomach in fake pain.

"I'll call the school, let them know you're sick. I'll be at work all day, so you'll be alone. Just rest up and get to feeling better." My mom smiles lightly before kissing my cheek and pulling my bedroom door closed behind me. The darkness swallows my room and within seconds I'm fast asleep.

-------
"Autumn! Autumn open up!" I wake with a jolt and rub my eyes. My clock reads 12:36. Wow I slept for a good four and a half hours.

"Autumn! Hello?"

I hear pounding on the front door downstairs, and a very angry males voice. I groan and pull on a cardigan over top of my t-shirt and head downstairs to unlock the door.

"Why aren't you in class?" My eyes widen at the sight of Harry right in front of me.

"What are you doing at my house?" I frown, completely confused.

"I asked you first."

"I'm sick." I reply closing the door behind him, as he invites himself  inside.

"Bullshit. You're not even pale." Harry's gaze hardens on me, making me uncomfortable.

"Why do you care? Why are you here?" I ask, my voice coming out much quieter than I had hoped for.

"We need to work on our project, Autumn. It's due tomorrow."

Shit. I forgot about that project, and I can't just not do it. My grade will go down, and I can't handle getting another bad grade.

"Shouldn't you be at school right now?" I ask noticing the nearby clock only reads 1:09 in the afternoon.

"Ever heard of skipping? Probably not." He laughs taking off his brown leather shoes.

"Why don't you just make yourself comfortable?" I grumble.

"Thanks babe. Will do."

I roll my eyes and head into the front room. I feel the couch dip down right beside me and sure enough there's Harry.

"So, notes on the Sixth Sense?" He asks chewing a piece of gum. I notice how his cheekbones become more prominent whenever he chews, and I find myself staring at his sharp jawline, almost entranced by his beauty.

"Autumn?"

"Uh, right. Well it was a boring movie, and I nearly fell asleep." I shrug crossing my legs on the couch.

"It was not a boring movie." His eyes harden as he looks over at me.

"Sorry." Sarcasm drips off my words as I put my hands up in fake surrender.

"You know this is your presentation too." He nods his head towards the blank white paper in front of him.
"Your point is?"

"What parts are you gonna read?" He asks stretching back into the couch letting out a large yawn.

"Uh I was hoping none. I have anxiety when I have to present..." I say looking down at my lap.