eleven

Autumn's POV- 

He never came by to see me. He never texted me or called me. Not that I expected him to.

I stayed in bed for a solid two weeks, only getting up to go to the bathroom and get food. That's exactly what I was planning on doing today.

"Autumn! I have news!" My mom yells barging into my room.

"Mom... Go away." I mumble burying my head under my pillow.

"Get your ass out of bed this moment." My mom snaps as she yanks open my curtains causing light to flood into my room.

"I'm going. Calm down lady." I groan as I slowly sit up in bed.

"You're not spending your entire summer in bed. I won't allow it. That's why... I signed you up for this!" She smiles pulling a brochure out of her back pocket and unfolding it.

"Mom... What did you do." I frown grabbing the crumpled paper from her.

Camp Sunshine it reads.

Wow. How original.

"It's back home in Sacramento!" I thought you'd be excited to get away from home for a while." She smiles at me.

"Well, when do I leave?" I ask looking over the bright orange brochure.

"Tomorrow. Better start packing!" She smiles slamming my bedroom door shut before I can get another word in.

I sigh and look over the brochure to see what I've just gotten myself into.

Camp Sunshine!
- join us for two months of fun!

Team building activities, crafts, sports, yoga, photography, canoeing, and much much more!

Here in the lovely Sacramento...

Traditional camp cabins, come early to make sure you book rooms with your friends!

Get ready for a full two months of fun!

Call 7764561767 (random number fam) for more information! Can't wait to see you soon!

I groan and crumple up the stupid piece of paper throwing it across my room. I guess it doesn't sound too bad. I start to smile thinking about all the activities I'll get to do, meet new people who don't have any pre-made assumptions made about me based off someone else's lies.

At least I'm not new to summer camps and I know what to pack. I grab a large duffel bag and begin the excruciating task of packing my bag.

The one good thing about this camp is its five thousand, one hundred and eighteen miles away from here.

That means five thousand, one hundred and eighteen miles away from Harry, and Grey and everyone else here.

_____________

"You have your bag?" My mom asks as the cab we got from the airport pulls up to Camp Sunshine.

"Couldn't leave without it mom." I giggle at her fretfulness. I guess it's because she'll be all alone for two months. She doesn't have dad anymore ever since he left us when I was seven.

"Okay honey, have a great time and make plenty of friends. I know you will. Love you." She smiles pulling me in for a hug, which I quickly return.

"Love you too mom. I will have fun I promise. Take care of yourself, yeah?" I smile placing my hands on her shoulders.

"I will. Now go have fun, you deserve it sweetheart." My mom grins pushing me towards entrance of the camp.

"Bye!" She calls climbing into the cab. I wave goodbye and pick up my large black duffel bag as well as my small black backpack and start up the forested path leading to the camp.