four

Autumn's POV- (note: please remember to vote or comment! Thank you xx new cover as well!)

I had woken up alone in the hospital later that day. The doctor told me I had received a concussion and needed to take it easy.

When I had asked about the boy who brought me here, the doctor preceded to tell me he didn't want to leave my side for a moment, and seemed genuinely concerned about how I was. All I did was laugh. There's no way Harry Styles would ever care about me. He said it himself.

I've only been to school twice in the past four months. Excessive, I know. But the encounter with Ryan, and what the doctors told me about Harry made me wish for nothing more than to stay home. Sure Harry had tried to come see why I wasn't at school one or two times, but I'm positive it was only to bother me, so I never answered the door.

Today was my first day going back to school and I was less than excited. It was May now, and I had already missed plenty of actual class. My mom would stop by the school and pick up, or drop off my homework so that I wouldn't be failing.

I decide that for once I should try to put some effort into my appearance, especially after having not been at school for four months. Not that anyone probably noticed.

I stand up form my bed and let out a large yawn, and a stretch before heading into my closet for something to wear. I decide on a pair of black skinny jeans, and a white tank top. I almost leave the room, but then I remember something to cover my arms. I pull on a sheer floral fabric sweater and smooth it out before closing my closet door.

I head into the bathroom, quickly brushing and flossing my teeth before pulling my long hair into a messy bun and applying a few coats of mascara to my eyelashes.

By the time I get downstairs my mom is already long gone to work. I open a can of baby food, and spoon it into a small bowl before digging in. During my absence from school, I had been thinking about all those times I've been called fat. I had spent my time researching diets, and I found one where all you do is eat baby food until you loose the amount of weight you want. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.

I finish off the baby food and gag a little at the taste before popping a mint into my mouth and grabbing my bag, and starting to walk to school.

The walk is short, but relaxing and I take the time to think over how my day will go. I wasn't sure if people had noticed I was missing or not, I'm not a very visible person.

I head into school and grab my books from my locker and head to AP biology first period. (a/n that's advanced placement for those who don't know) No one looks over at me and I'm glad it's that way. I head into class and quietly slip into the back hoping no one notices me.

I manage to stay hidden all of class, and no one even gives me a second glance.

"Autumn? Can I talk to you please?" I look up and see my AP biology teacher Mrs. Frant looking at me.

"How can I help you?" I ask standing up and gathering my books.

"Well I was wondering if you could tutor again?" She begins smiling at me.

"Oh I'm not sure..." I start trying to come up with an excuse.

"Please! You're my best student. I'm desperate here." She frowns crossing her arms.