eight

I went home later that night day, sitting  in my bedroom and dreading going to the party. I had an hour to get ready  I was just about to stand up when my phone went off.

From Harry-
I'm picking you up in an hour. Be ready.

I groan and quickly send a reply before getting up and heading to my closet surveying for a cute outfit for tonight.

I end up grabbing the first articles of clothing I see that at least somewhat match and throw them on. I end up with a pair of denim overalls that end in shorts, a maroon long-sleeved crop top underneath and a pair of black high tops. I pull my hair into a neat ballerina bun and head into the bathroom to quickly apply my mascara and eyeliner.

I finish just as the doorbell rings.

"Oh it's you." I frown when I open the door and see Harry standing there. His hair curls are slightly messed up, and his all black outfit somehow suits him.

"Who else were you expecting?" He questions as he steps inside my house.

"No one. Just disappointed I have to see your face again." I say while I began my phone off the counter where it had been charging.

"Let's go. Don't want to be late now do we?" He asks, completely avoiding my statement.

The car ride is silent and I take the time to think over how tonight will go.

All goes well and I rarely see Harry and I can go with sitting on the couch for six hours unnoticed.

Harry pulls up to Owen's house minutes later. I climb out of the car and weave my way through the drunk people on the lawn. I manage to make my way into the house, not bothering to check and see if Harry is behind me.

A red cup is shoved in my face and again I take it. However, this time I take a large gulp of the mysterious drink. If I'm going to be with Harry and Owen for at least six hours I'm going to need the alcohol.

"Hey there you are." I turn around to see Harry also holding a large red cup in his hands.

"Yeah let's go to the kitchen I need more to drink." I groan as he grabs my hand and pulls me through the sea of people in the front of the house to the kitchen in the back. Surprisingly the kitchen is almost empty.

"Do you want anything?" He asks as he grabs four shot glasses lining them up.

"No thanks." I say shaking my head watching as he fills the glasses with some kind of vodka.

"Too bad. You're having shots with me." He smiles cheekily pouring four more shots and lining them up.

"No I'm not." I protest as he drags me over to the counter.

"Yes you are. You need to loosen up a bit. Tell you what, do these shots and we can just go sit in the living room." I narrow my eyes as he plays on my want to just do nothing.

"Fine." His signature smirk shows on his face as he hands me the shots.

"On your mark, get set, drink!" He yells grabbing the first shot and downing it quickly. No way is he winning this one.

I grab my shot glass and down it, the alcohol burning my throat but I don't let that stop me. I grab two and open my mouth wide to down them at once before quickly finishing off the last one and slamming the now empty glass on the counter.

"I win." I smirk wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Fair enough. We can go sit now." He chuckles grabbing a beer.