Chapter 4: Rumor Has It

(Meeting in the halls, Mercedes and Rachel start to discuss important information.)

(Mercedes to Rachel)

Mercedes: Hey did you hear the news?

Rachel: What news?

Mercedes: The new girl, Aly, showed Rick whose boss!

Rachel: Really? Is that even possible? I mean you know she’s short.

Mercedes: well… since she’s sporty and all, she could of made it possible.

Rachel: True, but still! How can a short girl beat up a big muscular hockey guy? It doesn’t make sense.

(Quinn walks over to Rachel and Mercedes.)

Quinn: Looks to me the new girl has extra in her body.

Rachel: You mean?

Quinn: Yes, steroids.

Rachel: But why would she used them. I mean for her age, she can’t even buy any?

Quinn: well I heard that she made every sports team.

Mercedes: You girls are crazy! You can’t just judge her if she “Does” use steroids. I mean she is really good at sports well that’s what I heard.

Quinn: You never know…there she is.

(Mercedes, Quinn and Rachel spotted Aly walking towards them.)

Aly: Hi guys!

Rachel: Hi Aly, we want to ask you an important question and you have to be completely honest with us.

Aly: umm.okay?

Mercedes: Just be very truthful which to me they are crazy cause I know you’re not like that (referring to Quinn and Rachel)

Aly: okay what’s up?

Quinn: Do you use steroids?

Aly: What?

Rachel: We promise not to tell anyone, but if you did this might interfere with regionals.

Aly: No! I don’t use steroids! Why would you think that?

Mercedes: Well I heard that you beat up Rick.

Aly: Well I plugged him to the ground but I didn’t punch him or anything.

Quinn: Really? Then how can a short girl like you put a tall muscular hockey player to the ground?

Aly: I took Karate.

(The Girls were speechless and Aly continues.)

Aly: See this is why I hang out with guys because you guys start drama and no that does not make me a tomboy. But now that you think about it then yeah.

(Aly walks away)

Mercedes: I told you, she wouldn’t use that stuff.

Rachel: Now I feel bad

Quinn: well I still don’t trust her

(Quinn walks away)

(Aly’s POV)

Aly: I can’t believe they would think that I would use steroids! I am not a cheater! I work my butt off to win! Ugh!

(Aly continues walking down the halls and found Artie hanging posters.)

Aly: Do you need a hand?

Artie: Oh hey Aly, um yeah sure (Artie hands over the posters.)

Aly: So what’s this about?

Artie: Oh its one of my plays that I’m working on and I told Mr. Schuester about it and he’s going to let me make my story come to life.

Aly: wow! That’s cool!

(Hanging the posters)

Artie: yeah but I need some actors very soon, hey want to audition for my play? I think there’s a character that fits you perfectly.

Aly: Wow that’s sudden, um I’m not sure.

Artie: Come on, all you got to do is sing me one song after school in the auditorium.

Aly: well…

Artie: I’ll see you there. (Artie smiles and rolls away.)

Aly: After school?

(Bell rings.)