Coming Face To Face. •2•

I started flailing around, the water splashing around me. I barely heard the splash of another person jumping in. I was quickly losing air, but I was stuck until the person grabbed me and hauled me up above the surface.

They helped me to the side to get up and I started to have a coughing fit.

"Damnit Aden! Why are you so stupid?! The pool cover wasn't off yet!" Baylor yelled. I flicked him off and finished my coughing fit. "I didn't know! You should've told me!" "WE TRIED!" I shrank back. "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

Baylor sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Aden. You're just so frustrating sometimes." He said. "I know." I answered him quietly.

He pulled back and asked, "do you still want to swim?" "I'll watch for a little bit." "Okay." He turned to his sister, "Dar, help me with the cover please." She nodded and shot me a worried glance before helping Baylor.

They got the cover off and jumped in, starting to splash each other. I sighed.

I guess I can add 'pools' to my list of fears...

After a while, Baylor called to me. "Aden, are you gonna come in?" "I guess." I said and went over to the side of the pool, slowly getting in. "Happy now?" I asked him. He nodded and smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. Mentally sighing, I went over to him.

"I'm fine," I whispered to him. He searched my eyes.

"Aden, that must've really scared you. You haven't came in here for an hour. Usually you're in here as soon as that cover is off. You're not fine, so don't try to tell me you are. We can go inside and do something else if you want to. Darcie will understand." He said quietly.

I bit my lip. I really didn't want to be in here, but I didn't want to ruin it for Baylor and Darcie.

"Darcie, are you okay with going inside and doing something else?" Baylor asked her. "Yea, that's fine." She said and got out, drying off before she headed inside.

"See? Come on. Let's go inside." Baylor said. I nodded, "Carry me." I said quietly and held my arms out. He sighed and rolled his eyes, but carried me out of the pool and inside.

"Baylor! What did I say about coming inside soaking wet!" Mrs. Morgen exclaimed.

"Sorry mom, Aden had a little mishap and wanted to come inside. He wanted to be carried. I couldn't dry both of us off without dropping him." Baylor explained.

"Is he okay? Aden, are you okay?" She came over and started to check me for bruises and such. Too bad she can't see the ones inside... "I'm fine." I told her quietly and looked down.

I saw her shoot Baylor a worried look, but when I looked up, she put on a small smile. "Okay, Hun. Both of you need to be safe, alright? I love you both. Now, go get dressed."

Baylor nodded and headed up to his room. He tossed me a pair of my shorts to change into and I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I quickly finished before my thoughts could wander and waited for Baylor in his room.

Darcie popped her head in, "Do you want to watch a movie downstairs?" "Sure." "Okay, come down when you're ready." I nodded to let her know I heard her.

Baylor came back a few minutes after Darcie left. "Dar wants to watch a movie downstairs. I told her we would." Baylor nodded and grabbed blankets, motioning to the door for me to open it.