Coming Face To Face. •4•

I walk through the front door, only to be attacked by a hug from my mother.

"Oomph. Hello to you too, mom," I said and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry Aden. I thought you were the one who fell so it surprised me to see you walk through the door. How's Paul?" She asked. I pulled away and motioned for us to sit down.

"They were taking him to the hospital when I left. He wasn't good. He was still breathing, but he wasn't moving. He didn't open his eyes or anything. It didn't look like he was bleeding any where, but that doesn't mean he couldn't start bleeding. Or have internal bleeding."

"What even happened?" Cadien asked as he came in to the living room.

"Paul was putting decorations up and the ladder slipped. Him and the ladder fell. You've seen their roof. It's a pretty good height," mom explained.

"But he's okay, right?" I nodded, then turned to my mom, "I'm going to go to my room now."

"Okay, honey. Love you."

"Love you too." With that, I got up off the couch and headed upstairs. I tossed my keys onto my desk and pulled the bookbag off. I had stuffed most of my clothes from Baylor's house in here, not realizing I left more over there than I thought.

I dumped the contents into my hamper and threw the bag into my closet, making sure to grab my phone from the pile.

Looking at my clock, I decided to go to bed now. I plugged in my phone and brushed my teeth, hitting the lights and crawling into bed.

I curled up and fell asleep.

• • •

"ADEN! WAKE UP! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL!" Mom's voice carried through my door. I fell onto the floor with a thud and groaned.

"Are you awake?" She asked, coming into my room and covering her mouth to stifle a laugh.

I glared at her, "I am now. Thanks."

"Oh shush. I made you waffles today, so get ready and get downstairs to eat." With that said, she left.

I sighed but pushed myself off of the ground and sleepily made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

Finishing in ten minutes, I towel dried my hair and pulled on a pair of jeans along with my Shinedown hoodie.

"ADEN!" Mom yelled.

"MOTHER!" I yelled back, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were that close. Anyways, have a seat. Orange juice or milk?"

"Orange juice por favor." I said.

She blinked at me. "Don't be speaking Spanish. You don't even take Spanish at school." She set down the plate of waffles in front of me.

"... However you say 'shut up' in Spanish." I replied and started eating.

"Cállate." She said.

I looked at her and she sighed, "Cállate. That's how you say 'shut up' in Spanish."

I nodded and finished eating. "Okay, I'm going to school now. Bye mom." I said and kisses her cheek.

"Bye, drive safe, Hun!" She called after me as I ran out the front door to my car.

I started up my car and took off towards the school. It only took about ten minutes to get there and another three to find a parking spot.

Getting out, I grabbed my bag and locked the car, heading to the picnic tables situated outside that held my friends.