Coming Face To Face. •15•

I slowly opened my eyes, finding Baylor above me, concern laced in his eyes.

"Baylor?" I questioned. "What's wrong?"

He slightly smiled and pulled me into him, hugging me. "You were sleeping and then started to cry and I couldn't get you up," he explained.

Oh.

"I'm sorry. It was m-my mom... She came to me in my dream. She said she had something for me," I jumped up, remembering that, and immediately stopped moving.

"Guess I got up too fast, argh." I closed my eyes to let the sparkle thingy's go away.

Once they did, I went to my moms room, straight to the dresser. "Where did you put it?" Mumbling, I searched the top of it and found nothing out of place. I expected it to look out of place and it's not. Moving on to the drawers, I opened every one, again, finding nothing.

"You said it was here!" I said, frustrated and backing away to sit on the edge of her bed.

"Who said what was here?" Baylor asked, coming over to me.

"Mom! She said she had something for me, in her room, on her dresser!"

He walked over to the dresser and started looking. "It's no use, there's not- what is that?" I followed Bay to see he had something in his hand.

"Let me see that!" I took it from him and opened the box.

"Oh my god..." I said, pulling out a photo of my mom, me, and my dad, back when we were actually a happy family. I turned it around to show Bay, tears welling up.

He came and took my arm, leading me to the bed and sat next to me.

"Look," he whispered, pulling out a photo of their wedding day.

I took it from him and studied it. "Mom looked so happy," I said, sadly smiling.

I took all of the photos out, I'll look at the rest later.

I pulled out a small envelope and peered inside.

I pulled out a letter and two wedding rings.

Dear Mary,

I love you. Marry me?

Love, Warren.

"March 29th, 1992..." I said. Baylor glanced at me as I set it away and pulled out a slightly bigger envelope.

I'm sorry, I have to leave. I'm ruining your's and Aden's life. I can't do it anymore, I'm sorry for everything I've done. Im sorry for abusing Aden. I'm getting better, I promise. But if you want me gone, I'll stay away from you and him. Forever.

-Warren

"He's sorry? That's hard to believe," I mumbled.

As I went to put the letter beside me, my eyes caught a date at the top.

January 15th, 2010.

"Six years ago... He wrote to mom. Six. Years. Ago. Apologizing." I scoffed and set it away.

There was only one envelope left in the box, all the way at the bottom.

I could tell it's been opened many times since it was put in there and I wondered what it could be.

There was nothing written on the front of it and I glanced at Bay before taking the contents out.