Coming Face To Face. •3•

"LOOK HOW CUTE! MOM! COME LOOK AT THEM!"

Blinded by the flash of a camera, I screamed and accidentally pushed Baylor onto the floor...

"Oops... Sorry, Bay." He grumbled curse words at me as I shrugged.

"Sorry my ass. Darcie, why are you in here? Get out." Darcie rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Oh, mom says to get ready quickly. You guys have to help her bring out boxes for Halloween."

Baylor and I both groaned, "Why? Why us? Why don't you have to help?"

Darcie grinned, "Because I do the most next to mom around this house. Have fun." She left Baylor and I on the ground, me on top of Bay.

"Get off me, Aden. Now." Baylor pushed me off of him.

"Oof. Thanks, Bay," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, get ready." He threw me a change of my clothes and I left to change.

• • •

"Aden, really? You can't lift a box and move it? Weak." Baylor shook his head and took the box from my hands as I pouted.

"I'm sorry, but have you seen these muscles? They're like nonexistent!" I exclaimed, waving my arms around my head.

"Oops," I said as my left arm hit the wall and knocked a few pictures to the ground, shattering the glass. "Sorry mama..."

"ADEN ALEXANDER GERDAW! DID YOU JUST BREAK ONE OF MY PICTURES?!" Mrs. Morgen yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry mama! It was an accident! I didn't mean to!" I yelled back.

She sighed. "It's okay Aden. They can be replaced. Step away from the glass before you accidentally step on it, though." She said, coming into the living room with a broom and a dustpan.

"Please don't be mad at me..." I said quietly.

"Oh Aden. I'm not mad. I promise." She told me and hugged me.

"Now, Aden and Bay, go decorate the house. Put anything you want, anywhere you want. But don't put a lot in the bedrooms. Try to keep the decorations in places people will see them."

"YES! DECORATING THE HOUSE! I LOVE THIS!" I yelled and gathered an armful of decorations before quickly walking throughout the house.

"This can go here and that can go here... And this can go... Over there... And then those ones can go in the bathroom... And then we can put this one in... The living room... And then that pile goes outside... And- CAN I HELP PUT UP THE STUFF OUTSIDE?! PLEASE?!" I asked Mrs. Morgen.

"Yes, Aden you can. We just have to wait until Paul comes home to do them. You can start on the small stuff though," she replied.

"YAY!" I put whatever goes outside in a box and then drug it out the front door, leaving it on the steps of the porch.

Taking out the big stuff, I slowly put decorations here and there, all over the yard and porch, until I was satisfied with how it looked.

"Baylor! Mama! Come look!"

The came outside and stood next to me in the yard.

"It looks amazing. Good job. Paul will be home soon, so we can get started on the big stuff then." She said.

"You did all this? With what brain and what muscles?!" Baylor asked me. I pouted and smacked him.

"That's rude. And yes. Yes I did all of this with the brain that's up in my head. And plus, this stuff isn't super heavy by itself." I told him.