Coming Face To Face. •16•

"Do you hate me now?" Baylor asked, his voice cracking and tears welling up in his eyes.

His mom rushed over to him, shaking her head. She pulled him into a hug and he buried his face in her shoulder.

"No. Oh no. Baylor, I don't hate you. How could you think that?" She asked, pulling away and looking him dead in the eyes.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, you weren't saying anything, and I know you don't mind the fact that Aden is gay, but I didn't know if you'd think he gave me the 'gay disease',"

Huh. That's what I was thinking.

"...like so many people think, and I ju-" he was cut off by Mrs. Morgen.

"Baylor! I would never think that! I accept Aden as my own son and I would never think you contracted being gay from him. And it's not a disease. But now that you two are dating, DON'T BE GETTING IDEAS. I DON'T NEED LITTLE BAYDEN'S RUNNING AROUND!"

Me and Baylor looked at each other before he coughed. "Mom," he said. "US GUYS CAN'T GET PREGGO! And what the hell is 'Bayden'?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! And Bayden is the ship name I gave you two. Anyways, since Aden will be staying here, I need to set ground rules, alright? First, no sex. Second, no touching sexually. Third, I don't want to hear what you two will do when no one is in the room. With that, go help Aden pack." Reyn demanded.

I think she's been spending too much time with Darcie. She gave us a ship name?

Well then...

I didn't plan on any of that.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP.

"Okay, we'll be back," Baylor said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out the door.

"That went well," I said, breaking the silence that was filling the car.

"Yea," he chuckled, smiling sheepishly and scratching the back of his neck. "It did... I can't believe she gave us a ship name."

I chuckled and smiled at him when he glanced at me. Smiling back, he started the car and pulled out of the driveway, heading back to my house.

• • •

"Do you really need all of this? There's like, ten bags!" Baylor exclaimed, groaning.

"Well, I want the important stuff with me incase something happens to the house. Besides, two bags are clothes, one is electronics, one is my bathroom needs and photos. So there's actually only four bags, thank you," I explained.

He groaned again, picking two up and leaving my room to place them in the car.

I looked around my room to make sure I had everything before I grabbed the last two bags and went downstairs, placing them beside the door.

Taking a walk through the bottom half of the house, I stopped in moms room to grab the box. We never put everything back in, so I gathered everything that was in there and put it back in the same order, ending with the photos on top.

I closed the lid and looked around moms room. I spotted a bottle of her perfume on her dresser and I took it, placing it in the box. "He can judge me," I muttered to myself. I was taking this, it's something I can use to remind myself of her.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I glanced around once more. I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything.

I jumped when I felt arms wrap around my waist, and then relaxed as I realized it was only Baylor. He rested his head on my shoulder as I rested my hands on his.