Coming Face To Face. •10•

Conner was right outside my basement window. I know he was. Why he's lying to me about it, though, is a different question.

"Aden? You okay?" Baylor tilted his head to the side.

I nodded and faked a smile.

He smiled back, completely oblivious.

That's a good thing I guess.

"Well, what do you want to do now, Bay?" I asked.

He shrugged and glanced at his phone, "We could go to the park. It's only like 5 o'clock. Do you was to?"

I nodded and got up, standing beside where he was at on the couch. Smiling, I said, "Come on then. Let's go."

He smiled back and got up, walking beside me as we went up the stairs and out to my car.

"Can I drive?" He asked, pulling the stupid puppy dog face.

Now, normally I can resist the puppy dog face, but when it's your own boyfriend, it's kinda hard.

Wow. I actually said boyfriend.

He's actually my boyfriend.

I glared at him before shoving my hand out and handing him the keys.

He grinned before yelling, "OHMYGOSH. I GET TO DRIVE YOUR CAR. FOR REAL. YESS. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANK YOU!"

I smiled at him. "Just DON'T WRECK IT. THIS IS MY CHILD. YOU WRECK IT YOU DIE."

"You would kill your own boyfriend?" Baylor asked, cocking his head to the side and blushing after he realized what he had said.

"If you wreck my car I will." I said. "You will not live, even if you destroy it and kill both of us, I will kill you as a ghost. And then kill you some more because ghosts can't die. So... Don't wreck it."

He nodded and got in. Waiting until I got in, he started the car.

"Okay, so, I want to do this... Right?" He asked and glanced at me as he put it in drive.

"BAYLOR NO! You want it to go in reverse. It's the little 'R' symbol... You have your license, right?" I corrected him. Oh Jeeze. This was a bad idea. Can I take this back?

"Pshh. Of course I do. It's right... WHERE IS IT?"

"YOU LOST YOUR LICENSE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"Uh... Sorry? ... OH WAIT. IT'S RIGHT HERE. SEE I HAD IT." He said and pulled it out of his pocket.

We're gonna die.

• • •

We almost died.

"You are never driving my car again, got it? AND TAKE SOME DRIVING COURSES." I told him.

"Uh... Sorry...?" I facepalmed and got out of the car as Baylor shut the engine off and followed.

"Seriously? Sorry? THAT'S AL LYOU CAN SAY FOR YOURSELF?"

I wasn't mad. I was scared to shits. So me yelling is how I get my scaredy catness out.

"I'm sorry babe... I didn't mean to." Baylor said.

Babe.

"Say that again." I hid a smile.

"Say what? I'm sorry babe? I di-"

"Yes. That." I smiled at him and giggled.

His face flushed as he looked away and across the street. "No no no no no no no no no no no no no. Don't look away from me. Come back." I said, holding out my arms.