Coming Face To Face. •7•

"You lay a hand on him and I'll end you," threatened Conner.

"Alright, alright. How 'bout I get out and never come back? -" his dad started to make a deal.

"That sounds perfect." Conner interrupted.

"I wasn't done. How 'bout I get out and never come back, only if you let me have a piece of your friend there." His dad glanced at me and smirked. "He looks tasty."

I'm going to be raped...

"Hell no. You don't drag him or mom into this. This is between you and me. Now, you can get out by yourself, or I can force you out. You don't own this house," Conner growled.

"Alright."

His dad took a step forward to leave before he lunged back and swiped a hand across his mom's face.

She cried out which caused Conner to yell. "MOM!"

Conner was too focused on his mom to notice his dad ran out.

Conner looked around for his father and cursed when he didn't see him. He walked outside as I hurried to his mom's side.

I gently took her face in my hands and examined the mark. She whimpered.

"How bad is it?" Conner asked, coming back in and standing behind me.

"It's bruised for sure, but I don't think anything else is wrong. This is the onl- What is that?" I asked, gently putting her head down and grabbing her arm, looking at a nasty mark on it.

"That bastard." Conner took her arm from me and looked at it. "What do you think is wrong here?" He asked, glancing at me.

I took her arm back and looked closer. "Seems like he just grabbed her arm too tight. Probably more than once because it's darker than it should be. It never healed and that's where he must've been holding onto her at."

I could feel her eyes on me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at her.

"We should probably get her checked out," Conner said and gently picked his mom up.

"Start the car please." He told me. I obeyed and left the room, looking for my bag which was in Conner's room.

I headed outside and unlocked the car, opening the door for Conner to set his mom down.

"Here." I said and tossed him my keys.

He looked at me for a second before getting in, starting the car, and pulling out.

He drove quickly to the hospital and cursed when he didn't see an open spot close by.

He finally found one and parked, both him and I getting out to get his mom.

"You don't have to come, you know." Conner told me as we walked to the main entrance.

I nodded, "I know. But I want to. I can always call off tomorrow and face the wrath of my mother. It's not a big deal. I'd rather be here and support you."

He smiled softly at me, "Thanks. That means a lot."

• • •