Chapter 1; Meet and Greet

The boys have just thought of a new "plan" to make me feel normal again. It's been about 5 years since the incident, so I don't know why they're just now thinking of this.

"Alright, Michael. How about this place?" Calum asks with hope in his eyes.

I look up slowly from my phone, to read the sign.

"Francesca's Café?" I say with uncertainty.

"Yeah man, it's pretty dope." Luke answers with a beach boy accent.

I roll my eyes slightly and look down at my phone, just trying to block out the world. It's only a quaint café with a vintage theme to it. Nothing I'm interested in. Then again, I don't seem to be interested in anything anymore.

"Dude can you put your phone down for at least 5 seconds so you can actually communicate with us? We know how you feel, and we're trying to help. You weren't the only one affected by-"

"You don't know how I feel." I snap at Calum.

"Are you sure? Because you're acting like you're the only one who is hurting? We're hurting too, but we're staying strong for the fans. You should too."

"Guys, please stop." Luke pouts.

I huff and sit on a wooden bench. I cross my leg and pull my phone out again. I just scroll through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, anything to get my mind off of-

"Hey guys sorry I'm late, had to help mum with the groceries." Ashton says happily as he jogs slightly up to where we were sitting.

"I'll go order for you all. What would you like?" Ashton asks as he pulls out his phone to write our orders down in his notes I assume.

"I'll have a blueberry scone with hot chocolate." Calum says, thinking throughly.

"Wait!" Luke stares at Calum with his mouth open in shock. "They have hot chocolate?? I WANT SOME." Luke shouts like a little child.

Ashton giggles and types their orders.

"Alright Michael what would you like?" Ashton asks, his eyes smiling.

I shrug my shoulders and keep my head down, my eyes locked with my phone.

"Um..." I can see in my peripheral vision that he looks at Luke and Calum with the most saddest face I've seen him put on. Poor kid. He's always so happy, and when he sees me, he gets torn down. He's tried to help me get better, but I'm afraid this is an illness too difficult to just wish away.

"Alright I'll just give you a surprise." He says with a false smile.

Ashton walks in the café, while Luke, Calum and I continue sitting on the bench. It was an awkward silence that I don't pay much attention to. I was used to be it being so quiet since I always just sat in my room, stuck in the past.
    Luke leans forward and puts his arms on his knees. He rubs his hands together and looks around, probably thinking of some stupid conversation starter. Calum leans back with an irritated frown on his face.

Then suddenly I hear a loud scream. Our heads shoot up towards the screech. Calum and Luke's face light up brightly when they realize that there are some fans who found us. They shoot up from the bench and walk over to the group of girls.