Chapter 22; It's All Over Now

It's been a week since Chelsea's funeral. I remember we all tried reading our obituaries in front of Chelsea's family... Luke read his with no emotion- I notice that's a tactic of his to keep himself from falling apart. Ashton almost had tears fall, but he kept strong. And then Calum and I were the messy ones. Calum cried through his, I had to stop in the early middle. I was simply sobbing too hard for anyone to even understand what I was saying.

So many people had good things to say about her. I hate how normal and cliché her funeral was, because I know she wouldn't have wanted it like that. Having it be sad and boring; it's just not like her.

The day the funeral ended, I moved out of Stacy's house. I told her I would and it was hard, but I also felt a weight be lifted off my shoulders.

I will definitely miss the shit out of her, but I know it's best for me to move on.

~End of Flashback~

"Wow..." Claire breathes. 

"Yeah..." I mumble. "I'll admit. I feel a lot better telling someone everything that happened" I added.

"Really? That's so good." She smiles genuinely. "I won't tell anyone either... mainly because it's so much to tell." She giggles.

I laugh. "You know... you remind me a lot of Chelsea." I say quietly.

"Really?" Claire questions, her big blue eyes looking up at me.

I nod with a small smile. "You're really caring, just like she was."

Claire smiles again, then asks me, "how come you haven't been able to move on? I mean, I'd expect you to be upset for a while, but not this long."

I sit and stare at her for a few seconds. I take a deep breath and respond, "honestly, I think it's because I've kept my feelings bottled up inside. I haven't talked about it with anyone."

She nods as she soaks in the words I give her. "Well i'm glad you feel better now... I hope you just stay that way."

"I will" I smile.

Claire stands up and brushes her blonde hair out of her face. I stand up with her, and we both give each other a tight hug.

"Thank you so much." I mumble on the top of her head.

"You're welcome, Michael." She says into my chest.

"Can I have your number?" I blurt.

We both look at each other with wide eyes. Her in shock and mine in stupidity.

"Uh- I mean- ah."

Claire giggles and grabs a small piece of paper from her purse. She grabs a pen from her purse pocket and writes down a combination of numbers.

"Here." She smiles, handing me the paper. "If you ever need to talk, I'm always here."

I look down at the paper, then up at her and smile.

The other boys were sitting with the fans and eating and drinking whatever Ashton got them. They waved us over, so Claire and I joined them at the small table they were all sitting at.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm going to be okay. I'll be okay without Chelsea. Of course I'll miss her- heck- I still do. But it has taken me too long to realize that I have these amazing friends and fans surrounding me- so I shouldn't take advantage of that. Maybe Claire and I will even have a future together. She reminds me so much of Chelsea it's ridiculous. The big eyes, the pretty smile, the way she cares for people. The way she listens to people.

Maybe Claire is my second chance.

{ Well, this is the end! The ending is kinda weird because I wasn't quite sure on how to end it, but I REALLY hope you guys enjoyed this story! This is a short chapter, but I didn't want to just be pulling stuff out of my ass to make it 1000-2000+ pages like my other chapters lol.

This was a fun experience, and I may start writing again soon, simply because I enjoy it, and I even found a good updating schedule that works well for me. We'll see ;P 

Until next time xx }